cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Domain screen is blank after changing nameserver

Untitled.jpg

After changing the name severs this happens. I tried a different browser with and with out private viewing. It also seems a lot of people have this problem. Are there real solutions to this other then different browsers? 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Sean10,

Welcome to the Community!

There is a current internal issue at GoDaddy that prevents you from making this change. It is not on your side. As of this response, GoDaddy is working on getting this feature back up and running. Please check back every few hours to see if you're able to make this change. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

New

Are you including a trailing '.' when trying to update your NS records?

I was having the same problem you are when I was trying to change my nameservers to be managed by Route53, a great Amazon product for domain registration and DNS management.

After calling support, I learned that GoDaddy doesn't do nameservers the way the rest of the world does it.  Normally, DNS expects you to have a trailing '.' at the end of your nameserver to indicate the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) indicating the root zone of DNS.  (https://serverfault.com/questions/18113/dns-trailing-periods). 

According to this forum post, GoDaddy's domain management tools were changed because of an overwhelming number of support calls because people didn't know that trailing '.' was important.  (https://pk.godaddy.com/community/Managing-Domains/Trailing-period-is-cut-off-from-cname-value-Why/td...)

In addition, GoDaddy's domain management tools currently have a bug where if you DO add the trailing '.' to your nameservers, it just sends you to that white screen without changing anything.

Once I entered my nameservers with out the trailing '.', GoDaddy's domain management accepted the change and everything worked just fine.  Go figure.

ohhhh that makes a lot of sense. Thanks man! Luckily, GoDaddy seemed to have fixed this. At least when I did it... but I will keep your recommendation in mind just in case it happens again.

Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Sean10,

Welcome to the Community!

There is a current internal issue at GoDaddy that prevents you from making this change. It is not on your side. As of this response, GoDaddy is working on getting this feature back up and running. Please check back every few hours to see if you're able to make this change. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

New

Are you including a trailing '.' when trying to update your NS records?

I was having the same problem you are when I was trying to change my nameservers to be managed by Route53, a great Amazon product for domain registration and DNS management.

After calling support, I learned that GoDaddy doesn't do nameservers the way the rest of the world does it.  Normally, DNS expects you to have a trailing '.' at the end of your nameserver to indicate the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) indicating the root zone of DNS.  (https://serverfault.com/questions/18113/dns-trailing-periods). 

According to this forum post, GoDaddy's domain management tools were changed because of an overwhelming number of support calls because people didn't know that trailing '.' was important.  (https://pk.godaddy.com/community/Managing-Domains/Trailing-period-is-cut-off-from-cname-value-Why/td...)

In addition, GoDaddy's domain management tools currently have a bug where if you DO add the trailing '.' to your nameservers, it just sends you to that white screen without changing anything.

Once I entered my nameservers with out the trailing '.', GoDaddy's domain management accepted the change and everything worked just fine.  Go figure.

ohhhh that makes a lot of sense. Thanks man! Luckily, GoDaddy seemed to have fixed this. At least when I did it... but I will keep your recommendation in mind just in case it happens again.

Thanks!