Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
mattthewood
Getting Started

Domain transfer in problems

Morning,

I few weeks ago I started the process of moving an existing domain in to godaddy from another supplier. I am still waiting for the domain to appear in my domains list. I have spoken to the previous company and they have stated that the domain has gone from them and is showing as being hosted at godaddy. When I talk to godaddy support they say it hasn't been released by the previous company. I am stuck in the middle with no sign of how to resolve. Can anyone help??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @mattthewood,

Once you're logged into the account, go to the menu lines in the upper left and choose "Domains", then "Domain Transfer". Enter your transferring domain in the search field and click "Search". Take the steps directed to get to the shopping cart. It should show $0.00 for the purchase. Here are some general .UK transfer instructions.

TO INITIATE A .UK TRANSFER TO GODADDY, YOU MUST:

1. Purchase a .uk transfer for $0 on our website. (The .uk transfer does not include a free one-year extension because the transfer is free.)
  2. Contact your current registrar and request an IPS tag change to GODADDY. Once updated, the transfer completes immediately.

When you complete either of the steps above (in either order), we will send an email to the registrant contact's email or to the account holder's email address. You must follow the instructions listed in the email to initiate a .uk transfer.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
PL281
Super User III

@mattthewood 

What is the domain so we can look at the WhoIs information about the domain?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

@PL281 the domain is kingswoodcode.co.uk

Many Thanks

@mattthewood 

So using https://www.godaddy.com/whois  I can confirm this domain is with GoDaddy - The name servers are with BlueHost

You should be able to get to the domain management at https://dcc.godaddy.com/manage/kingswoodcode.co.uk

The only other thing to check is to look at the receipt email from the transfer and make sure the customer number matches - to the account you are logged into

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Thanks @PL281 this isn't showing in the domain management page. I can only see the original domain I had with godaddy. (getsomehelp.co.uk)

The customer numbers on the confirmation emails are identical to my existing account.

@mattthewood 

In that case you really need to speak to GoDaddy (not chat) - According to https://www.godaddy.com/help/about-uk-domains-5854#2 once you put in the IPS Tag the transfer happens immediately.

When we look at WhoIs it shows as GoDaddy - So I would call in to get this resolved

Hi @mattthewood,

Welcome to the Community!

An external lookup at the Registry (Nominet.uk) shows that you have had the losing registrar update the IPS tag on the Domain to "GODADDY". However, until you purchase a transfer at GoDaddy (for $0.00) the domain will be in limbo. Once the transfer is purchased, the domain will be in your account within minutes. 

@TLH 

Thanks for that information. Can you point me in the direction of how to do that? There isn't an obvious way to do it that I can see.

Thanks

Hi @mattthewood,

Once you're logged into the account, go to the menu lines in the upper left and choose "Domains", then "Domain Transfer". Enter your transferring domain in the search field and click "Search". Take the steps directed to get to the shopping cart. It should show $0.00 for the purchase. Here are some general .UK transfer instructions.

TO INITIATE A .UK TRANSFER TO GODADDY, YOU MUST:

1. Purchase a .uk transfer for $0 on our website. (The .uk transfer does not include a free one-year extension because the transfer is free.)
  2. Contact your current registrar and request an IPS tag change to GODADDY. Once updated, the transfer completes immediately.

When you complete either of the steps above (in either order), we will send an email to the registrant contact's email or to the account holder's email address. You must follow the instructions listed in the email to initiate a .uk transfer.

View solution in original post

Finally solved through an escalation to 2nd line support.

Thanks for all the comments.