cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Godaddy sending expired domains to Afternic (Owned by them)

So I made the mistake of calling Godaddy and trying to find out what time an expired domain I wanted was going to be released back for registeration. That was on Sept 10th, then on the 11th I found out it dropped and it just to happen to go to Afternic  and they want to over 5k for it. WTF? So let me get this straight after being a customer for over 20 years, you are going to register a domain I want in order to extort more money out of me for it? That's Fing BS. How much you want to bet if I didn't make the mistake of calling in and acquiring on the time of drop afternic would not even taken it.

BS godaddy!

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Godaddy sending expired domains to Afternic (Owned by them)

@Johns1124 wrote:

So I made the mistake of calling Godaddy and trying to find out what time an expired domain I wanted was going to be released back for registeration. That was on Sept 10th, then on the 11th I found out it dropped and it just to happen to go to Afternic  and they want to over 5k for it. WTF? So let me get this straight after being a customer for over 20 years, you are going to register a domain I want in order to extort more money out of me for it? That's Fing BS. How much you want to bet if I didn't make the mistake of calling in and acquiring on the time of drop afternic would not even taken it.

BS godaddy!

@Johns1124 I'm 99% certain that Godaddy did not register the domain name. If you want to provide the domain name here I am further look into it for you but Godaddy doesn't warehouse domains. I buy domain names at expired auction all the time and also register domains when they become available. It's more than likely a domain name investor that picked it up.

----