cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Help Needed regarding a Domain Sale

i got a notification yesterday that the domain transaction of a domain that i have listed on Auction needs to be Finalized within february 15th . i did not have the knowledge that my domain was sold so i checked the mail and found 2 more mails Stating " Congratulations your domain was sold do not transfer the domain until Instructed " and another mail stating " You are now authorized to transfer the domain by mailing the buyer " . As i was unaware i did not mail the buyer until yesterday and mailed the buyer yesterday. i also contacted godaddy auction contact regarding this matter , they replied saying that i need to wait for 5 days for the funds to be verified . i am new to this so i have no idea what to do now . I have mailed the Buyer asking for details . but im not sure if the funds have been verified . How do i know if its verified? or if in case the Buyer doesnt reply to my mails what would be the solution ?

Any help is appreciated thanks . sorry my last mail was flagged spam as i pasted the whole mail in the box. 

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Help Needed regarding a Domain Sale

@Inzo wrote:

i got a notification yesterday that the domain transaction of a domain that i have listed on Auction needs to be Finalized within february 15th . i did not have the knowledge that my domain was sold so i checked the mail and found 2 more mails Stating " Congratulations your domain was sold do not transfer the domain until Instructed " and another mail stating " You are now authorized to transfer the domain by mailing the buyer " . As i was unaware i did not mail the buyer until yesterday and mailed the buyer yesterday. i also contacted godaddy auction contact regarding this matter , they replied saying that i need to wait for 5 days for the funds to be verified . i am new to this so i have no idea what to do now . I have mailed the Buyer asking for details . but im not sure if the funds have been verified . How do i know if its verified? or if in case the Buyer doesnt reply to my mails what would be the solution ?

Any help is appreciated thanks . sorry my last mail was flagged spam as i pasted the whole mail in the box. 

@Inzo  Congrats on the sale! Have you checked your auction account for the status? https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpMyAccount.aspx?ci=22369&s=1&sc=So

If you already received a notification saying the funds were verified then you can reach out to the buyer using the "email buyer" link in the "sold" status for the domain. If the status states "funds received, authorization pending" then Godaddy is still in the process of verifying the funds. If you're able to reach out to the buyer you should email them and ask them if they are transferring the domain out of Godaddy. Typically this is done automatically through Godaddy when they purchase the domain but not always.

---

New
Solution

Re: Help Needed regarding a Domain Sale

Thank you ! I got a reply from the Auctions team they asked me to move the Domain to the godaddy holding accounts and i did so. Hopefully things should be fine now.