cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Help Needed regarding a sale of the Domain

Hello , I got a notification yesterday Stating " This is a notice to let you know that the transaction for xyz.COM(name changed) must be finalized on 16 February 2019 00:00:00. If you have not provided the buyer the transfer details please log into your sold section and contact the buyer using the email buyer link.

If you have not received a confirmation regarding the transfer progress, you must notify us by replying to this email.". For a Domain i have listed on Auction . I did not know that the Domain was sold , So checked if there was any notification regarding the sale and found 2 more mails regarding this matter . 

"Congratulations! The following domain name has sold at auction:

Item Number :Some Number
xyz.com(name changed)

Please do not accept any transfer requests for the domain name at this time!

Please wait until we have confirmed the funds have cleared before you release the domain name. We will contact you within 5 days of verifying that we have received the funds from the buyer, and will let you know how to proceed." 

This Mail was on the day the domain was sold which was 27/01/2019 

And i had another mail 5 days ago stating " We are pleased to inform you that we received the proceeds from the sale of xyz.com.(namechanged)

You are now authorized to accept the transfer request of xyz.com. You will need to contact the buyer through the email buyer link in your "Sold" section. If you need to access your account, go to GoDaddy Auctions and log in with your user name (or customer number) and password.

So i Mailed the godaddy auction contact mail and they replied with " 

Dear Valued Go Daddy Auctions Customer,

Thank you for contacting Aftermarket Support. You recently sold xyz.COM.(Name changed)

After the buyer submits payment, there is a 5 day verification period for the funds that starts on the date which they paid. We ask that you do not attempt to move the domain until we have notified you that the funds are verified. On the 6th day the domain will automatically attempt to be moved from your account to theirs. If for any reason the domain does not move please use the "email buyer" link in the "sold" section of your Go Daddy Auctions account to contact the buyer to obtain their email address and customer number to initiate the change of account.

To Contact the Domain Buyer:

1. Log in to Go Daddy Auctions.
2. Hover over Selling List and select Sold.
3. Click Sold.
4. Click Email Buyer.
5. Enter the message, and then click Send Mail.

Since the domain is registered with GoDaddy, you will need to initiate an account change. You will need from the buyer:

GoDaddy customer number
Go Daddy account email address

Using that information you will initiate an account change to move the domain to the buyer. If needed, the following URL will provide step-by-step directions on initiating an Account Change:

http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/822/moving-a-domain-name-out-of-your-account?locale=en

Alternatively, you may move the domain to our holding account per the instructions below and we will move it to the buyer for you from our side. Please follow the below instructions if you want to move the domain to our holding account and we will move the domain to the buyer on your behalf."

This is my first time selling an Domain ,So i'm confused if i need to wait for the verification as they stated for 5 days or can i transfer the domain to the buyer ? I have mailed the "buyer" through the steps i was instructed but did not get any reply from them . I noticed the event only yesterday and i mailed the "buyer" yesterday , So now do i have to manually transfer the domain to the buyer if he replies ? or if he/she doesn't reply what would be the solution ? 

Any Help Regarding this is much Appreciated . Thank you ! The sale happened 27th January and i only noticed it yesterday . So any suggestion on how to move further is much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Rockstar II

@Inzo wrote:

Hello , I got a notification yesterday Stating " This is a notice to let you know that the transaction for xyz.COM(name changed) must be finalized on 16 February 2019 00:00:00. If you have not provided the buyer the transfer details please log into your sold section and contact the buyer using the email buyer link.

If you have not received a confirmation regarding the transfer progress, you must notify us by replying to this email.". For a Domain i have listed on Auction . I did not know that the Domain was sold , So checked if there was any notification regarding the sale and found 2 more mails regarding this matter . 

xyz.com(name changed)

Please wait until we have confirmed the funds have cleared before you release the domain name. We will contact you within 5 days of verifying that we have received the funds from the buyer, and will let you know how to proceed." 

And i had another mail 5 days ago stating " We are pleased to inform you that we received the proceeds from the sale of xyz.com.(namechanged)

You are now authorized to accept the transfer request of xyz.com. You will need to contact the buyer through the email buyer link in your "Sold" section. If you need to access your account, go to GoDaddy Auctions and log in with your user name (or customer number) and password.

Thank you for contacting Aftermarket Support. You recently sold xyz.COM.(Name changed)

After the buyer submits payment, there is a 5 day verification period for the funds that starts on the date which they paid. We ask that you do not attempt to move the domain until we have notified you that the funds are verified. On the 6th day the domain will automatically attempt to be moved from your account to theirs. If for any reason the domain does not move please use the "email buyer" link in the "sold" section of your Go Daddy Auctions account to contact the buyer to obtain their email address and customer number to initiate the change of account.

3. Click Sold.
4. Click Email Buyer.

Since the domain is registered with GoDaddy, you will need to initiate an account change. You will need from the buyer:

GoDaddy customer number

Using that information you will initiate an account change to move the domain to the buyer. If needed, the following URL will provide step-by-step directions on initiating an Account Change:

http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/822/moving-a-domain-name-out-of-your-account?locale=en

Alternatively, you may move the domain to our holding account per the instructions below and we will move it to the buyer for you from our side. Please follow the below instructions if you want to move the domain to our holding account and we will move the domain to the buyer on your behalf."

This is my first time selling an Domain ,So i'm confused if i need to wait for the verification as they stated for 5 days or can i transfer the domain to the buyer ? I have mailed the "buyer" through the steps i was instructed but did not get any reply from them . I noticed the event only yesterday and i mailed the "buyer" yesterday , So now do i have to manually transfer the domain to the buyer if he replies ? or if he/she doesn't reply what would be the solution ? 

Any Help Regarding this is much Appreciated . Thank you ! The sale happened 27th January and i only noticed it yesterday . So any suggestion on how to move further is much appreciated.

@Inzo  Please see my response to your other thread although this thread provides more information. It seems that the funds are already verified and you'll need to use the "email buyer" link in your "sold" status to get the buyer's customer ID number and the email address on file so that you can initiate an account change. You can find those instructions here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/move-a-domain-to-another-godaddy-account-822

---

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rockstar II

@Inzo wrote:

xyz.com(name changed)

3. Click Sold.
4. Click Email Buyer.

GoDaddy customer number

@Inzo  Please see my response to your other thread although this thread provides more information. It seems that the funds are already verified and you'll need to use the "email buyer" link in your "sold" status to get the buyer's customer ID number and the email address on file so that you can initiate an account change. You can find those instructions here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/move-a-domain-to-another-godaddy-account-822

---

View solution in original post