cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

How do I buy a domain and have it redirect to another website?

hey guys, im pretty new to this stuff, what I would like to do is:

buy a domain (name.xyz or name.org etc.) I would then like it so when someone types this in their search browser, it directs them to another website (the website is discord.gg).

what will I need to purchase in order to do this, will I need to purchase web hosting? etc. please respond ❤️

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Hey @Benh32. Let me first just say, the way my mind works I thought you were asking for help reading. Yes, I often ignore punctuation when reading. Maybe I'm the one that needs help reading?

Sounds like all you need to buy is the domain of your choice and forward it. Check out Forward my domain and What's the difference between domain forwarding and masking? You might also want to invest in a email plan for your domain but that's not required. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Hey @Benh32. Let me first just say, the way my mind works I thought you were asking for help reading. Yes, I often ignore punctuation when reading. Maybe I'm the one that needs help reading?

Sounds like all you need to buy is the domain of your choice and forward it. Check out Forward my domain and What's the difference between domain forwarding and masking? You might also want to invest in a email plan for your domain but that's not required. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post