cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to register domain using godaddy api

I have gone through godaddy api doc https://developer.godaddy.com there only demo for api is available but i want to implement that API on my site to register domains and for other operations related to domains can anyone help me for how to use that test API key for development.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@arvindk I got it to work, here's my response:

{
  "orderId": {Id Number},
  "itemCount": 2,
  "total": 14670000,
  "currency": "USD"
}

If you find my replies helpful, give me a like or kudo 🙂
And if I solved your issue, mark it as solution 😄

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Helper VI

@arvindk I hope this helps you.

Hi,

I'm trying to use API for get domains and purchase domains but its giving error whenever i am calling this
For Purchase domain my request body is validated so i think i am missing something else.
POST URL https://api.ote-godaddy.com/v1/domains/purchase
Headers
X-Shopper-Id:{X-Shopper-Id}
Content-Type:application/json
Authorization: sso-key{apikey}:{secretkey}

ERROR
{
"code": "ERROR_INTERNAL",
"message": "Not Found : Not Found"
}

can you tell me why this error is coming for each api call ?

@arvindk you should not post your secret key in this forum, since you are making public sensitive information.

Let me take a look and let you know if I find something.

OK I'm waiting for your reply @jpablo

@arvindk I don't get an error like that. Can you share your body request in a private message?

@arvindk I got it to work, here's my response:

{
  "orderId": {Id Number},
  "itemCount": 2,
  "total": 14670000,
  "currency": "USD"
}

View solution in original post

Yes sure @jpablo i have sent you my api call request, you can check it in your private messages please check.

Can you share your request detalis for testing where i will replace my credentials

HI,

I am also getting the same 404 error while testing api, can you share the working example or guide me how can i get it working.

Just got off the phone with support.  They told me the API is broken - hasn't worked for a while.  There's no ETA when it's supposed to get resolved.

That's a huge drawback since I need to update my A record's IP dynamically and now have no way of doing that.

Hi, my production api is returning a success response but the domain never get resolved, it shows that it's still available.

Hi,

I want to register a domain via api, but I get:

{"code":"INVALID_AGREEMENT_KEYS","message":"End-user must read and consent to all of the following legal agreements: DNRA, DNPA","name":"ApiError"}

In the query I use:

"{ \"consent\": { \"agreedAt\": \"2018-04-04T11:56:12Z\", \"agreedBy\": \"Denis\", \"agreementKeys\": [\"DNRA\"]

Community Team
Community Team

Hello @Fantasylp, please check out this thread pertaining to the API coding you should be using: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32284948/godaddy-api-authorization-error/32296861#32296861.  Thanks!

MPC