cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

I had bought sonyenclave.com & the renewal date 29.11.19 I couldn't renew and am unable to get same.

Kindly help on the renewal as the same domain is being charged for 10 times the price last year

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @sonyenclave,

Welcome to the Community!

For 18 days following expiration, you can renew the domain for the regular price. With that renewal date, you domain would be in redemption, and an additional $80 fee will be required to retrieve it from the Registry. You can review the details on a domains lifespan here. 

Please see the actions GoDaddy will take on the domain in the article above. Once returned to the Registry, they may hold it there (at their discretion) for up to 30 days before it is released to register again as a new domain. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@sonyenclave 

So the domain expired on October 29, 2019 - GoDaddy has a grace period - You may still be able to get it for just the renewal price - but there maybe a retrieval fee at this point. You can wait the extra 2 weeks or so at this point and "try" to re-register it, but someone else may grab it.

Additionally, GoDaddy does show when you go to add a domain to your cart what the prices is for the first period and what the renewal price will be. Many people miss this and thing it's always going to be the lower price.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi @sonyenclave,

Welcome to the Community!

For 18 days following expiration, you can renew the domain for the regular price. With that renewal date, you domain would be in redemption, and an additional $80 fee will be required to retrieve it from the Registry. You can review the details on a domains lifespan here. 

Please see the actions GoDaddy will take on the domain in the article above. Once returned to the Registry, they may hold it there (at their discretion) for up to 30 days before it is released to register again as a new domain. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post