cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP blocked from seeing my own website?

I can't figure out exactly what happened.  I didn't have any issues up until yesterday.  My complex is completely wifi, so desktop, laptops, mobiles all access internet via wifi.  I had no issues until yesterday.  I purchased a brand new DELL laptop, fired it up, saw my website and was going well.  Suddenly it doesn't see my website anymore, and I can't access it for anything.  I check my other laptop, nope.  I check desktop, nope! I got on my cell phone while on wifi, nope.  I take wifi off cell phone and POOF website instant connection.  So what is exactly happening? Sounds like my IP was blocked from my complex some magical and sudden way.  Any input??

Erick V.
www.autobadges.com
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IP blocked from seeing my own website?

Hi @Autobadges,

simple though it sounds try resetting your router. Also clear caches on devices. 

Sorry guess I should have been more detailed.

I've reset modem, router and all devices. Ive cleared all history, cookies, cache from all browsers on all devices. I've tried to visit site through proxy but still can't get to it either, gives 404 error
Erick V.
www.autobadges.com
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Autobadges,

the problem obviously lies at your end and your internet connection as I can reach your site no problem. 

Make sure that your new laptop automatically connects to your wifi, that your computer 'sees' your router and that you have connected using your password and that you do have a connection at all times you turn on your laptop. 

Also recheck your DNS settings, I see you do not have Godaddy default servers..............

That is what I thought as well. Called ISP they said it's not IP.blocked, server doesn't sho any IP being blocked. So both are saying 'Not it!'

Wi-Fi connection and all is fine..can access all other sites at all times
Erick V.
www.autobadges.com
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Autobadges,

have you checked the firewall settings on your new laptop? 

Is your hosting also with godaddy? Regarding your DNS settings, if your hosting is with godaddy also, then try using godaddy default DNS. If your hosting is elsewhere then try using default DNS and forwarding to your hosting address.

I am mentioning default DNS because it could be a DNS problem and default settings rarely give problems.

I have a VPS, how do I check DNS?
Erick V.
www.autobadges.com

It's not the laptop I have come to find. All laptops and desktops and mobiles can't access site. Jump off Wi-Fi on cell and BOOM connects to site
Erick V.
www.autobadges.com

It's nothing on laptop as all devices have same.issue.

Hosting is with Godaddy, yes.
Sorry but how would I use DNS settings ? This is all new to me, is there a how to?
Erick V.
www.autobadges.com
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Autobadges,

well the problem seems to be with your phone and the wifi connection. I would look carefully at it's settings (time to google your phone make and instructions) or simply switch off the wifi on it when at home using laptop. Not a perfect solution as some of us feel a need to have connection on 101 devices at the same time, but...........

Cat Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again @Autobadges,

did a little research and no you are not alone with this problem. I found this and perhaps you can follow similar threads on forums to try and resolve your issue:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1633912?start=0&tstart=0

Um no. My cell is fine. I used that example to show it is definitely an IP ISSUE being that when on Wi-Fi I can't see my site but moment I get off and use cell data (turn off wifi) I can access site perfectly.
Erick V.
www.autobadges.com

Thanks for the link, I will check it out...
Erick V.
www.autobadges.com

Thanks but thats not my case. Has nothing to do with cell. Used that as troubleshooting to prove it's an IP issue.

Plus I don't have an iPhone lol
Erick V.
www.autobadges.com
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Autobadges,

I guessed you might not have an iPhone but just thought it may be a generic problem. Which is true if you do a search on google. That's why I suggested following similar threads. It happens often that devices can conflict with each other. Sometimes checking for device updates and downloading those can help, other times it's device configurations. The simple fact that I can easily reach your site from over 5,000 miles away points to it not being an IP issue as such, as your server and hosting are working fine. There should be no reason that your laptop 'can not see' your website, except client issues.

it's very late in Scotland, I'm very tired, there may be something I'm missing here. I will probably wake in the middle of the night shouting Eureka!!...... I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help but really only someone there over 5,000 miles from Scotland could check your system. I suggest calling your ISP to try to get to the bottom of it. Or making sure all your devices are updated.

Well the IP to website it fine. I've checked on other devices. It comes down to either my VPS blocking me somehow or my ISP blocking me somehow. Not about devices or updates, trust me. I know site is up and running fine it's finding out why I can't see it when on home wifi (spectrum)
Erick V.
www.autobadges.com

I am facing  the same problem. cell connection  is ok but using wifi from laptop or phone there is a problem. its from host server block my ip. please solve it.

It was 100% my ISP.  I moved and had the same service and the issue was gone.  My site was unblocked with ip changed and then blocked again when it changed 48 hrs later.  My problem has since been resolved as nothing is blocked anymore when I moved (same ISP), hardwired...I was in a townhouse with wifi spectrum and had the issues.  Now I have a hardwired modem and my own wifi router and not 1 issue

Erick V.
www.autobadges.com

This is not ISP this is hosting.. 100%... the hosting provider has built in security to stop "suspicious" activity .. when this happens it puts a temp ban on the ip in suspect.  So obviously if you login on another ip or network  ( cell or at the coffee shop down the road) you will load the site just fine. Godaddy needs to fix their security and what they classify as "suspicious" because its totally interfering with users.