cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Mailchimp Domain Authentication - DNS

Hi there, 

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

I am trying to authenticate my domain on Mailchimp for Gmail and for my website. I got everything verified.  Mailchimp prompts me to enter in the CNAME record & the value in my DNS records. Which, I have! Every time I authenticate it gives me this message:

We tried to verify your DNS changes and did not detect the right values. Remember that DNS changes can take 24-48 hours to propagate through the internet.

k2._domainkey.gmail.com was not found. Please ensure it is created with the value listed below.

k3._domainkey.gmail.com was not found. Please ensure it is created with the value listed below.

And I get the same error for my website as well, with the prompted values Mailchimp gives me.

I'm not really sure what to do here, as I've been waiting for the appropriate amount of time for it to propagate. I swear I'm copying & pasting and entering the information in my records correctly. I even chatted with GoDaddy support & they updated it in the backend & it's still not authenticating. 

Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions? It will be much appreciated!!

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User 2020

I do not believe you would be able to verify a @Gmail.com address.  Rather the verification process is to use a domain you own,  @yourdomain.com

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User 2020

I do not believe you would be able to verify a @Gmail.com address.  Rather the verification process is to use a domain you own,  @yourdomain.com

View solution in original post