cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Multiple Domains

I'm having some issues forwarding my domains to where I need them to go.

I'm trying to achieve: 

1) chris-kendall.com to my SmugMug hosted website (as well as the variant starting www.)

2) chris-kendall.co.uk to land on the same site - I don't mind if the URL changes to the dot com address when it does this.

think I've managed to achieve the first part of this, with the dot come website, although still have problems in some browsers and/or devices.  The .co.uk address still will not work for me.

In addition, I have a blog hosted on Wordpress (thechriskendall.wordpress.com) which I would like to be under blog.chris-kendall.com.  In an ideal world, I'll get blog.chris-kendall.co.uk to go here too but at the moment, I'll be happy just for the first part to work!

I had this working, but the url was changing when the user lander to the wordpress address, so I changed my primary domain (in WordPress) to blog.chris-kendall.com and it now doesn't work at all. 

Also, I am receiving regular emailing from WordPress telling me I need to change my Name Servers - which I thought I had done.

Rather than clutter this post with screenshots, just let me know if if any will be useful to assist I can will provide them in response.

I've followed all the online guides and spoke to various people at WordPress and GoDaddy, but am yet to achieve the results I want.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Make sure you don't have any A records with the same host name.  If there's anything you're unsure of you can post screenshots of the DNS.

Try clearing your cookies/cache and/or using a different browser.  If you're unable to get past this contact support directly so they can look into the issue.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II

WorkingNot Working

For chris-kendall.com

Forward to www.chris-kendall.com (the domain with www).

Add CNAME Host: blog Points to: thechriskendall.wordpress.com

For chris-kendall.co.uk

Edit CNAME Host: www Points to: @

Hi

Thanks for your response. I've been a little busy recently, so only just to a chance to try and implement your suggestions.

I think chris-kendall.com is working now.

For blog.chris-kendall.com I already had the name host blog pointing to thechriskendall.wordpress.com but it doesn't appear to be working.

Screenshot 2019-11-27 at 14.02.15.png

On chriskendall.co.uk it won't let me make the changes you suggested:

Screenshot 2019-11-27 at 13.52.48.png

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help so far.

For the subdomain you just need to put in the part before '.yourdomain.com', so just 'blog' in this case.  Otherwise it would be for blog.yourdomain.com.yourdomain.com.  Also make sure it is setup in your WordPress account.

I am a little confused on your .co.uk as I thought it was to forward to your .com.  It appears both bare domain and www are setup on a different website.

Regarding the blog sub domain, it will not let me set it up as you have suggested:

Screenshot 2019-11-28 at 11.36.53.png

I tried it like this initially. Also worth bear in mind that it worked, as I had it until I set it as my primary domain in WordPress. Then hit stopped due to too many redirections?

I do want my .co.uk to simply forward. I hadn't realised it was still attached to my old Squarespace site. I have disconnected now, so hopefully that should help - thank you!

Make sure you don't have any A records with the same host name.  If there's anything you're unsure of you can post screenshots of the DNS.

Try clearing your cookies/cache and/or using a different browser.  If you're unable to get past this contact support directly so they can look into the issue.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post