cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Name server change

Hello

My domain name is registered with host gator. I attempted to change the name servers to point to the go daddy hosting however i only see one ipaddress associated with the website and not name servers. Please help?

4 REPLIES 4
Helper I
Helper I
Solution

Re: Name server change

Hey, Vhaughn,

If you bought hosting, you got hosting -- not name servers.  Normally the site where you bought the domain name will provide the name servers.  Over on GoDaddy hosting panel, you find the IP address of the WEB server.  Go back to your DNS settings at HostGator and set the A record to that IP address.

Ray

Not a GoDaddy employee or support staff; I am a GoDaddy Pro with significant experience using a variety of GoDaddy services.

You should first talk to the hosting provider about this if he will help you soon if you have taken a domain from Godaddy and have taken hosting from hostgator, then this article can help you replace Godaddy Name Servers.

I usually just use ns1.godaddy.com and ns2.godaddy.com

Greg Beddor: Portland SEO Consultant
New

I had the same issue with a nameserver from an old website. I changed the name server in GoDaddy to default and it automatically assigned godaddy nameservers for my domain.