cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Pointing my new URL to Adobe Myportfolio

Hi. I need to point my new URL (whatever.com.au) to my Adobe myportfolio page (https://whatever.myportfolio.com). I have the IP address (actually two - one backup) for the adobe page and that's about it.

I know nothing about A records or zones or whatever. I am on a mac. I've tried setting up a template and applying it but this didn't seem to work. I can't seem to create or alter zone files. Can someone please guide me?

EDIT: I only got the URL today. Does propagation time affect this ability?

11 REPLIES 11
New
New

Re: Pointing my new URL to Adobe Myportfolio

Hi @moonamoon, do you want to redirect to your portfolio page or show it's contents with your new domain?

To redirect to your new domain to your portfolio page, refer this - https://in.godaddy.com/help/manually-forwarding-or-masking-your-domain-name-422 .

hey. i have that problem too. i dont want to forward i want to see my custom domain name at the adress bar but i cant modify or delete default A host parameter at manage dns.

I would like to know this as well.... any luck yet?

New

same here, don't want to forward , need to enter DNS values but cant make it work

Having some Adobe Portfolio problems here too. Can change A record fine, but Adobe says to change the www record as well as it won't accept the IP address. So I don't know what to enter there? Adobe doesn't provide any other information.

Hello everyone!
I'm new to this community. My question is the same as the OP. I am trying to set up an Adobe portfolio for my small business so I want it to be accessed with my Go Daddy domain name but I can't seem to get the two to connect. How do I get my domain name to lead to my Adobe Portfolio Website?

Hi @liddleel

Welcome to the community. Adobe provides a nice set of instructions to link your domain to your new website with them. You can link to those instructions here

If you need help updating the DNS on your domain with us, the instructions below will show you that part in the account with us.

Change an A Record: https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-an-a-record-19239?

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
Solution

If someone still viewing this becaue they can't figure out what to do, this is the trick:

Create "Multiple" A record:

Host: * --> Points to: <IP address>
 Host: @ --> Points to: <IP address>
Host: www --> Points to: <IP address>

Hi, I am having this trouble too. 

You could explain web tech to me all day and I'd still not get it. All very confusing. 

I changed my A record with '@' name to the IP address. 
I created a new A record with '*' name to the IP address

With these values, I still get the error in Adobe Portfolio saying: "Oops! Looks like your domain settings have not yet been configured correctly for the www subdomain. Instructions here. (Check your DNS status here)"

But when I try to create a new A record with 'www' as the name it won't let me and says an error occurred. 

I already have a CNAME record (whatever that is!?) with a 'www' name and value of '@'. Do I need to change the value to the IP address or do I have to delete the whole CNAME record in order to create a new A name record?

I have literally no idea what I'm doing. I just want to point my URL to my adobe portfolio. Why must anything web-creation-related be so unbelievably complicated :S

Any help would be hugely appreciated! 

So I had to delete the CNAME 'www' record in order to create the A 'www' record. 

It won't let you have 2. The people I spoke to at Godaddy said it didn't matter but it did. After creating the A record with 'www' then Adobe let me save the changes and linked my URL. 

I hope this might help anyone with the same issues. 

It should look like
A
Name: @
Vaue: <ip address>

A
Name: *
Value: <ip address>

A
Name: www
Value: <ip address>