cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Price increases when ordering - Again

I've seen another user post a similar story, I'm using the same title with Again. Here is mine.

Godaddy show false prices when looking up domains using their search. I search for a particular domain (.ca domain) and it said "Yes, it's available for only 0.99$ the first year!" There is a question mark beside the price so I click it and it just says in long english that I will be charged 0.99$ the first year but renewal prices are at 19.99$ for the following years.

Great! I wasn't sure about the domain name but at that price, I'm just going to get it.

Then, at the checkout, now the price is 10.99$ for one year. That's like 10x more expensive that the price they quoted me.

So I start up a chat to fix this problem and then the bull really starts:

The guy first told me it was a viral promotion that I found somewhere that appears periodically but it's no longer valid. BUT, he will give me the domain free if I suscribe to website builder for a year!

I told him I didn't find the link, I'm on godaddy.com searching for available domains!

Bastards, I assume this fake price was just to get me in touch to a sales rep trying to get me to buy more stuff.

We continued back and forth, him talking to a technical experts on his side trying to figure it out...

They never honored that advertised price. They said that this is an offer for first time domain buyer and I have already bought a domain at .99$ This is true, I bought a domain last year but nowhere has this been mentionned in my search. I'm logged in when I try to buy this domain so they should know not to flash me those .99$ prices if I'm not eligible.

Bulls*** godaddy, just lost an hour with this crap for a domain that, at the end, I am not buying at 11$

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Rockstar II

@franktko wrote:

I've seen another user post a similar story, I'm using the same title with Again. Here is mine.

Godaddy show false prices when looking up domains using their search. I search for a particular domain (.ca domain) and it said "Yes, it's available for only 0.99$ the first year!" There is a question mark beside the price so I click it and it just says in long english that I will be charged 0.99$ the first year but renewal prices are at 19.99$ for the following years.

Great! I wasn't sure about the domain name but at that price, I'm just going to get it.

Then, at the checkout, now the price is 10.99$ for one year. That's like 10x more expensive that the price they quoted me.

The guy first told me it was a viral promotion that I found somewhere that appears periodically but it's no longer valid. BUT, he will give me the domain free if I suscribe to website builder for a year!

I told him I didn't find the link, I'm on godaddy.com searching for available domains!

Bastards, I assume this fake price was just to get me in touch to a sales rep trying to get me to buy more stuff.

We continued back and forth, him talking to a technical experts on his side trying to figure it out...

They never honored that advertised price. They said that this is an offer for first time domain buyer and I have already bought a domain at .99$ This is true, I bought a domain last year but nowhere has this been mentionned in my search. I'm logged in when I try to buy this domain so they should know not to flash me those .99$ prices if I'm not eligible.

Bulls*** godaddy, just lost an hour with this crap for a domain that, at the end, I am not buying at 11$

Thanks!

@franktko I agree, its pretty frustrating but it mainly has to do with the fact that coupons/promos can only be used once per customer. I receive the same when I search for a .com domain, it will state $2.99 but will change to the regular price in the cart. I agree, its frustrating, I guess I've just gotten used to it by now.

----

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rockstar II

@franktko wrote:

Thanks!

@franktko I agree, its pretty frustrating but it mainly has to do with the fact that coupons/promos can only be used once per customer. I receive the same when I search for a .com domain, it will state $2.99 but will change to the regular price in the cart. I agree, its frustrating, I guess I've just gotten used to it by now.

----

View solution in original post