cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Purchased a Domain from someone. How long will it take before I can use it?

i just successfully purchased a domain this morning, and i wanted to know when can i use my domain?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,
So if this was a domain buy service you can expect your domain between 7 to 14 days from the closing due to transfer requirements.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Former Employee

Hi,

Depending on the extension you can usually use your domain right away. Please ensure that you confirm your email address that you put on your main profile for notifications. This is an ICANN requirement before you can use your domain. Hopefully this helps!

Thank you for the reply!

Actually, this domain was owned by other person, and this is already closed as we contacted him, but when time we create this domain, it will prompt that this domain was point to other IP address. 

yesterday, we buy this domain and godaddy said that we can get this domain for us, and they ask a commission, so we paid 3 thousand plus (Philippine peso) including the commision, Now, when can i use that domain? 

Hi,
So if this was a domain buy service you can expect your domain between 7 to 14 days from the closing due to transfer requirements.

View solution in original post