cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Helper I

Selling my domain

I have a domain with a website attached to it, I'd like to keep my website content but don't know how to unpoint my blogger from my domain. Can the person who bought my domain, remove my blogger website content from the domain so that he has only my domain & I have my website content ?? Or will I have to ask him to do that ? Give me the link to the GoDaddy Aftermarket/Auction page please. Thanks

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Community Manager

Hi! Welcome to the community.

There are a few scenarios to consider in this situation. Since I'm not sure which one applies to you, I'll include them all.

The domain hasn't transferred to the new owner yet.

You can still update the domain's DNS settings in your own account to disconnect it from the website.

The domain is in the process of transferring to the new owner.

Neither of you will be able to update the domain's DNS settings until the transfer is complete. After that, the buyer can update the DNS.

The domain has completed transfer to the new owner.

You'll have to ask the buyer to update DNS settings so it doesn't point to your website.

That's just on the domain side. I'm not super familiar with blogger, but if you can remove your custom domain or connect to a different one, this one shouldn't connect anymore. So, that's something you can try instead.

Steps I found online to remove your domain from blogger:

1. Click Settings in the side menu.

2. Find Blog Address under Publishing.

3. Click the X next to the domain in the box.

This is the link to the GoDaddy Auction page: https://auctions.godaddy.com/

Hope this helps!

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

Yeah, I can see how that would be confusing. You'll usually need to complete a couple additional steps before your domain can actually be listed, like setting your price and choosing your listing type. 

When I tried getting an appraisal, I got the same 3 options and ended up at this screen after clicking Sell:

domain listing.png

If you didn't get to that page, you can still use these steps to list your domain for sale on GoDaddy Auctions: https://www.godaddy.com/help/listing-domains-on-godaddy-auctions-from-the-domain-manager-4155

Good luck on your domain sale!

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I recommend seeing if one of the new registrars you're considering add a year of domain registration when you transfer a domain to them. If they do, transfer it before the renewal date. If not, check their auction guidelines in case they have any similar rules against listing a domain this close to renewal. If they have a similar rule, transferring it before renewal may not help (or, you may have to renew it with them anyway).

You should always do what's best for you. If our domain sales options weren't a good fit for you this time, I hope you will keep us in mind for the future. We'll continue to gather feedback and improve our services. 🙂

11 REPLIES 11
Community Manager

Hi! Welcome to the community.

There are a few scenarios to consider in this situation. Since I'm not sure which one applies to you, I'll include them all.

The domain hasn't transferred to the new owner yet.

You can still update the domain's DNS settings in your own account to disconnect it from the website.

The domain is in the process of transferring to the new owner.

Neither of you will be able to update the domain's DNS settings until the transfer is complete. After that, the buyer can update the DNS.

The domain has completed transfer to the new owner.

You'll have to ask the buyer to update DNS settings so it doesn't point to your website.

That's just on the domain side. I'm not super familiar with blogger, but if you can remove your custom domain or connect to a different one, this one shouldn't connect anymore. So, that's something you can try instead.

Steps I found online to remove your domain from blogger:

1. Click Settings in the side menu.

2. Find Blog Address under Publishing.

3. Click the X next to the domain in the box.

This is the link to the GoDaddy Auction page: https://auctions.godaddy.com/

Hope this helps!

From GoDaddy' domain name value & appraisal Email to me, there was 3 options ie. Renew, Protect or Sell. When I clicked "Sell" ,it took me to the GoDaddy Auctions page but I see they didNt put up my domain for sale There for me. So what's going on ? Why send me those 3 options with "Sell" being 1 of them, which takes me to the GoDaddy Auctions page, if they're not gonna put it on sale for me ???!

Yeah, I can see how that would be confusing. You'll usually need to complete a couple additional steps before your domain can actually be listed, like setting your price and choosing your listing type. 

When I tried getting an appraisal, I got the same 3 options and ended up at this screen after clicking Sell:

domain listing.png

If you didn't get to that page, you can still use these steps to list your domain for sale on GoDaddy Auctions: https://www.godaddy.com/help/listing-domains-on-godaddy-auctions-from-the-domain-manager-4155

Good luck on your domain sale!

I see that GoDaddy doesNt put up our domains for sale in their Auction for us ;We have to Buy a GoDaddy Auctions Membership at R83/year to be able to list our domains for sale there! -they lose points/members/customers with us for this. Anyway, I want to do it But they're being fussy/Unfair to the majority of us by saying "We caNt list a domain via our mobile devices & We caNt list domain names expiring within the next 90 Days..." & I have Only a mobile device to do it from & my domain is expiring in a month' time. So what do I do ? If I want to transfer my domain name to 1 of those sites that will list it for me for free, I must do it Now before GoDaddy auto-renews this domain of mine, right?

I recommend seeing if one of the new registrars you're considering add a year of domain registration when you transfer a domain to them. If they do, transfer it before the renewal date. If not, check their auction guidelines in case they have any similar rules against listing a domain this close to renewal. If they have a similar rule, transferring it before renewal may not help (or, you may have to renew it with them anyway).

You should always do what's best for you. If our domain sales options weren't a good fit for you this time, I hope you will keep us in mind for the future. We'll continue to gather feedback and improve our services. 🙂

I just rerouted my domain from GoDaddy to that other site (as with this That other site will activate me parking my domain with them after just 24 hours) -Is this the same as transferring my domain from here to there ? While if I let GoDaddy do it for me, it take 1 week

I can't be certain based on what we've discussed so far. But, you can find out by going to https://lookup.icann.org/, look up your domain, and check under the Registrar Information section. If it was a transfer, the new site will show up there instead of GoDaddy.

Just now in trying to transfer my domain to that Site Following the steps yall gave dcc.godaddy.com > domain settings > select your domain THEN Step 3 is Additional Settings > transfer domain away from GoDaddy <-- There was no such option on my screen So I chose the closest option to that ie.i clicked the "forward" option tab , I put in the website of the site I'm trying to transfer my domain To & it said a Success message. IS THIS FORWARDING (& again I chose the "DNS" option tab changed the nameservers -THE SAME AS TRANSFERRING MY DOMAIN TO THAT OTHER SITE ????

Hi @NewHere,

Transferring your domain would mean to completely move it from one registrar (like GoDaddy) to another registrar. It is unrelated to "pointing" or directing the domain to another server. You would then manage all renewals at the new registrar. To transfer your domain away to another registrar, you can use these instructions. You'll need to contact them for direction on purchasing the transfer at that other registrar. The transfer itself will usually add another year of registration to the domain. 

Forwarding the domain directs it to resolve to another URL. For example, you can forward mydomainone.com to resolve to a website named yourdomaintwo.com. This does not sound like what you're trying to do. If you wish to direct the domain to a "parked page" somewhere, you can ask that provider for the IP address of that server page. Then update the A Record on your domain here. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Bare with me (I know nothing about tech, I have to do this myself got no one to help me & doing it on a phone coz I have No computer). Im trying to park my domain on sedo' domain parking. I followed the steps they gave me which said I just have to change the nameservers (which I did on the 12/Oct & it didn't work so I've tried everything else since then & they also haven't worked). So U say that On top of changing the nameservers, I must Get the IP address of sedo' domain parking server page ? Doing just 2 things Will have my domain parked with them...????

@TLH They say GoDaddy has to be partnered with their SedoMLS Premium in order for me to sell my domain through them so will GoDaddy do that now please ?? >Their BizDev team > partners@sedo.com