cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

SmugDomains powered by GoDaddy

I purchased a domain for my smugmug website using SmugDomains powered by go daddy. I no longer wish to use smugmug and want to transfer that domain to another go daddy account i  own with my hosting plan there. But i cannot figure out how to do this. There is no option in the Smugdomains powered by go daddy account settings to transfer a domain to an existing go daddy account. It only has the option to transfer to a new domain provider.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: SmugDomains powered by GoDaddy

@nickyboats0627 wrote:

I purchased a domain for my smugmug website using SmugDomains powered by go daddy. I no longer wish to use smugmug and want to transfer that domain to another go daddy account i  own with my hosting plan there. But i cannot figure out how to do this. There is no option in the Smugdomains powered by go daddy account settings to transfer a domain to an existing go daddy account. It only has the option to transfer to a new domain provider.

@nickyboats0627  I'm assuming that smugdomains is a godaddy reseller through wild west domains. If you recently registered the domain you'll need to wait 60 days after registration and then initiate a domain transfer to Godaddy. There is no way to transfer domains from reseller accounts into actual godaddy accounts.

---

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: SmugDomains powered by GoDaddy

Hi @nickyboats0627 - As @justingodfrey mentioned, you've registered your domain through a GoDaddy reseller. There isn't a way to move a domain directly from one account to another, but you can use the domain transfer process to move the domain. Even though Smugmug is "powered by GoDaddy", it is considered a different registrar, which is why you need to transfer the domain. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.