cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Viewing website from some networks forwards to a Spam account

I noticed when I look at my website from home or on my phone it looks fine, content is there but when I tried to log on from work, though our server, it was forwarded to a fake pharmacy account.  Same happened at my wife's office.  I don't see anything in my control panel that would have forwarded it for the domain, realestateinmcclellanville.com Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Viewing website from some networks forwards to a Spam account

Hello there @mbcuce 

First of all, based on my scans, you're currently on WordPress version 3.5.2. The current, most secure and up-to-date version of WordPress is version 5.1. You're behind by several years on updates.

This leads me to believe that your WordPress installation has been hacked. I would FTP into the server or look in your File Manager and see if you find any strange looking PHP files with base64 code. If you find those, your best bet is to either hire a professional to clean your site or purchase a product that will do it. Attempting to remove compromised files by hand is nearly impossible. 

I had no issue getting to the site but that could just be a result of the way the malware is coded. If it's not malware and your site is being redirected, it might be a DNS hijack, but that's doubtful. I'm willing to bet it's malware.

Good luck!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community