cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Why am i having a temporary domain?

Hello everyone , 

so yesterday i bought the domain and wanted to launch my personal blog , however when i finished the payment and ended up in the dashboard i entered my website address which is expected to be www.muntaseryounis.com it shows that this website is parked free . why is that? instead when i press visit website on the dashboard it sends me to this http://7bn.1ee.myftpupload.com/

how can I fix this ? i am not that good at using websites and just wanted a simple place to launch my own blog

Thanks , help will be appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Why am i having a temporary domain?

@muntaseryounis 

In the Managed WordPress settings (https://myh.godaddy.com) -> Your site

You should be able to select Domains and then add a domain and select your muntaseryounis.com and it should attach to the site

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

@PL281  

Hey , thanks for your reply , I think i am able to trying to change the domain but it says change domain pending 50% and not progressing anything . it been an hour like that , should it take that long?

Super User III
Super User III

@muntaseryounis 

At this point I would call into support and let them know you have tried to change domains on Managed WordPress and it's stuck @ 50% on the hosting dashboard - they will more than likely need to get an admin involved but should be able to resolve it while you are on the phone - I would NOT do this via a chat session.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community