cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are Domain Fees increasing?

Another year with excessive fees from GoDaddy for one of my domains.  I am now paying $24.20 Smiley Mad  for one dormant domain while my other domains increased to $16.95.

I got a quote from a leading domain provider.  After providing them the domain name they said the first year to renew will be $8.99, and all subsequent years are $12.99.  So why is Godaddy charging these exorbitant amounts?

Unfortunately, I just paid another 12 month renewal with GoDaddy, but it will be my last, for all my domains.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Why are Domain Fees increasing?

Hi @RugbyFan. Thanks for posting. In the last five years, we have made a tremendous effort to improve every aspect of the service we provide. Changes range from the way customers manage their domains, to the security of accounts and the performance of our infrastructure. Our focus during this time was to make our customers’ experience, and visitors to their websites, better. 

It’s never easy to raise prices. After much thought, we made the decision to finish this initiative before we adjusted prices. This was a multi-year effort, requiring millions of dollars in equipment and countless hours dedicated to this project. 

For more information on what has changed in the last five years, please visit this GoDaddy Garage post.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Re: Why are Domain Fees increasing?

You have raised prices every year for the last few years. I will renew this year but after that I will migrate my domains to another domain site as well as my emails. 

I guess we are paying for your commercials and sponsoring Nascar drivers now.