cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

godaddy has blocked my ip address

Godaddy has blocked my IP address, so I cant access my cPanel. I can log into my account, but cant get into my cPanel or ftp. When I change my IP address I can get in fine.

Totally sick and tired of godaddy, very slow servers, php still on version 5 when others are on version 7 and the list goes on and on. It's ok I will just delete this account early. All my other domains I have now moved from godaddy and happy elsewhere.

8 REPLIES 8
Solution

Re: godaddy has blocked my ip address

Hi @azofmarketing, thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with your account.
GoDaddy doesn't block IPs like that. Although you can be temporarily blocked if you make repeated, failed/incorrect login attempts, but those types of blocks only last a few minutes. Otherwise, there might be some other issue at play. If you continue to have trouble with it, I do suggest contacting Support to review your account in detail.
^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status

I had my access to Godaddy blocked via the use of Cookies, I cleared and blocked the cookeies and i could access the site, but needed to reenable them to use cpanel. 

Also what's up with the +$40/year up in price for hosting? Also selling my number and getting calls from all across the USA, i dont do much else- i know it came from Godaddy's sharing my information.

Really looking around for better options... Just going down hill.

I'm having the same issues now for some reason.  I looked in the cpanel from another computer and under blocked IP's and it doesn't have any listed.  So confused, is this a godaddy issue or ISP? When I get off wifi I am able to see my website, but when on Wifi I can't access site at all

Erick V.
www.autobadges.com
New

My online storage is now blocked again. Godaddy denies this accusation, however, this the second this has happened. 3 days now, no resolution. after 15 years, I'm done wasting time. 

New

I am having the same trouble for 3 days.  I can't access Godaddy hosted sites including client sites, my own website, pro.godaddy.com, and even a client site on mediatemple.net.    Godaddy says there's no block, my ISP says it isn't them.  SO?????????  I have to use a VPN to access Godaddy hosted sites.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @sandym. Sorry you're having trouble. To clarify what @GaryA said, the original poster mentioned being able to access their GoDaddy account but not cPanel. GoDaddy does occasionally block IPs (more on that below) but if it does happen, it wouldn't manifest in only being able to access parts of our site. It would be more like what you're describing. That's why he replied the way he did. 

The type of block you're referring to usually produces an error message in the browser. It usually means that there is a temporary block on your IP address. You can try waiting for the block to be removed, or try from a different location/network (as you've done with a VPN). There is no way to request a block to be removed. If it is blocked, our system admins or automated systems had a reason to do it. If it's a temporary block, it will be removed automatically. 

Blocks of this nature are generally caused by malicious activity being detected from an IP address. If you are using a shared network, such as a university or company network or public wifi, it might not be related to something you've done. In some cases using a VPN or a proxy can actually be part of the problem (if you see the error while using one). Hope that helps.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I am also phasing the same issue for least 1 week. I can't access my file manager from my phone internet. Is goes to login again and again
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @Aswin455. Thanks for posting. That actually sounds like a different issue. Often issues like this are caused either by browser caching or a conflict with a browser plugin/extension. I'd suggest first clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If that doesn't help, then try using a cacheless browsing window (FireFox private window, Chrome incognito, etc.), then an entirely different browser. If that also doesn't work, you'll want to try to connect with support. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.