cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

unauthorized redirect to domain

My client has a previous fan who has actually set up a derogatory domain using his initials and redirected it to his website.  Is there a way I can block this somehow?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@vmbartle 

Unless there are clear trademark or copyright infringement issues, probably not.   It's called free speech.

If the site is libelous, defaming or misleading visitors to believe it is your client, you will want to check with an experienced internet attorney to see if you have any options.   A quick search for "defamation attorneys" may provide some resources for you to investigate further.   

BTW, I am not an attorney and don't play one on T.V. 😉

Judith
"Be a voice. Not an echo." ~ Anon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II

@vmbartle 

Unless there are clear trademark or copyright infringement issues, probably not.   It's called free speech.

If the site is libelous, defaming or misleading visitors to believe it is your client, you will want to check with an experienced internet attorney to see if you have any options.   A quick search for "defamation attorneys" may provide some resources for you to investigate further.   

BTW, I am not an attorney and don't play one on T.V. 😉

Judith
"Be a voice. Not an echo." ~ Anon

View solution in original post

Well the only actual site is mine @Muse.  Hers is just a nasty domain that directs to the clients website. 😐  I'm not sure it's worth legal as of yet.  She posted it on social media but has zero followers.  Thanks for the advice!