GoDaddy Help

Add an SPF record to my domain for Microsoft 365

The Sender Policy Framework (or SPF) is a type of TXT record added to a domain's DNS. It makes sure that any email sent from a particular domain comes from an authorized server. When you send an email, the server on the receiving end will double-check if it comes from an IP address that's been authorized by the domain's DNS. It acts as protection against any potential fraud or impersonation attempts.

Required: Your domain can only have one SPF record. If multiple SPF records are found on your domain or if the SPF record is not added correctly, your email might not be delivered.

What is my SPF record?

If you own Microsoft 365 from GoDaddy, Professional Email, Workspace Email or Media Temple Mail, use the following SPF record:

v=spf1 include:secureserver.net -all

If you own Microsoft 365 from GoDaddy and the Advanced Email Security add-on (What is Advanced Email Security?), use the following SPF record:

v=spf1 a:dispatch-us.ppe-hosted.com include:secureserver.net -all

Required: When you're copying the SPF record, please be careful not to add any extra spaces before or after the record. This will invalidate the record.

How do I add my SPF record?

If your domain, DNS and email are in the same GoDaddy account, we'll add the SPF record for you and you won't need to do anything.

If you're missing an SPF record, using an incorrect SPF record, or using more than one SPF record, you'll see a banner alerting you in your Email & Office Dashboard. You can add or edit your SPF record if needed.

If you're using a third-party email or hosting provider, you need to manually add the SPF record. Configuring SPF records is not part of our Statement of Support, and you'll need to contact the other provider for help.

What if I'm using more than one email product or service?

If you use multiple email services (like third-party email marketing products), include them in your SPF record. Contact your provider to get their SPF record.

Your SPF record should look like the image below. The area outlined in red is where you'll include settings for third-party products and services in addition to include:secureserver.net.
SPF record syntax

Related steps

More info