cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Add Outlook 365 account to current Gmail

Hi friends,

I understand you can connect a common email (like hotmail or other gmail) to another Gmail account.  IF I purchase a domain and the Outlook 365 suite, can I connect my domain-branded address (me@myDomain.com) and connect it to my gmail (me@gmail.com) WHILE replying from the domain-branded address?

In other words... I share the me@myDomain.com for professional purposes, but I share the me@gmail.com for private purposes & for online accounts.  If I get an email from the me@myDomain.com address, can I reply from it WHILE being logged into my me@gmail.com address?  I don't want to touch the Office 365 address standalone.  I want all my email in one place, and I can do this for other personal addresses but didn't know if I can do this with Office 365.

13 REPLIES 13
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Add Outlook 365 account to current Gmail

Hi @rxnni I just tested this with an Office 365 email address and was able to get it working. If you want to be able to use Gmail to check an O365 email address, you'll need to access your Gmail settings, go to the Accounts and Import tab, and add the address under the Check mail from other accounts section. If you want to be able to send emails as your custom address from your Gmail account, you need to add the address under the Send mail as section in the same area.  Below are the server addresses and ports you'd need to use:

IMAP

Setting Enter...
Server name outlook.office365.com
Port 993
Encryption method SSL

POP3

Setting Enter...
Server name outlook.office365.com
Port 995
Encryption method SSL

SMTP

Setting Enter...
Server name smtp.office365.com
Port 587
Encryption method TLS

Please keep in mind that if you use your Office 365 email in this way, you won't be able to use most of the features that come with an Exchange email plan. When I set up the test account, Gmail did not give me the option to connect via IMAP. If you connect to the account using POP3, it will not synchronize with your O365 account. This means that if you make changes to messages (like deleting them), those changes won't reflect within your O365 account. Hope this helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

This has solved all of my problems - thanks for the reply.

I understand I won't get many of the features, but I wasn't really looking for them. I just wanted to be reached at two e-mail addresses! Thank you much.

Forwarding an Office 360 to gmail

Forwarding an Office 360 email to my gmail - should be easy - nope not working.

I have three screenshots where I set up the 360 email to forward to my gmail. It put a copy in my inbox of the test but never forwarded the email to my gmail. 

Thoughts?  Still have the screenshots if there is a way to send or attach these.

K

New

Hi

I followed your POP3 instructions above and receive an error message saying "Connection timed out: there may be a problem with the settings you added. Please contact your other email provider and verify the correct server name and port"

Any ideas?

Thanks 

I have tried using the SSL settings and I have received an error saying authentication failed but it doesn't say it doesn't recognise my username and password. I know I'm using the right credentials and the exact settings given here but they don't want to work for me today.

I'm having the same problem as Rob. I can import my mail via POP3, but the SMTP using the same credentials keeps failing.

New

[Jan 9, 2018] The SMTP settings above do not work. I get an authentication error, below. Help please.

Authentication failed. Please check your username/password.
Server returned error: "Missed upload deadline (10.00s) (state SENT_SECOND_EHLO) code(0) "

Having the exact same issue. POP configured fine but SMTP giving the same error for two separate domain emails that I am trying to configure. Please help @JesseW!

Server returned error: "Missed upload deadline (9.50s) (state SENT_SECOND_EHLO) code(0) 

I am having the same issues as everyone else. 

I am still seeing the same problems that are provided at the end of this thread. I was able to get gmail to add the emails but I cant sent any with my domain email. It either says check username and password or other email client wasn't fast enough, any advice? Thanks so much!

Same issue: POP is linking properly, SMTP is not, ie getting an error/timeout. 

So maybe that issue was "solved" at some point, but it's no longer the case.

My Problem same here, POP3 is ok SMTP is not ok replying the same error message Server returned error: "Missed upload deadline (10.00s) (state SENT_SECOND_EHLO), code: 0"

New

Same here:

Server returned an error: "Missed upload deadline (9.49s) (state SENT_SECOND_EHLO), code: 0"