cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I "auto purge" with Exchange email?

I recently migrated from Workspace Email to Exchange Email. I'm using Apple Mail plus my Outlook page on the web, on a Mac. With the old email, I was able to "Auto Purge". I would let junk mail build up a little in the Junk folder, then go to the website email page, select all of them and set them to "Auto Purge". This would keep mail from those addresses from ever reaching me--they would be purged without me ever seeing them. I cannot find a way to do this using the Exchange email. Is this possible?

2 REPLIES 2
Employee

Hello @gdmedia and welcome to the Community!

I apologize for the late welcome and response. Were you able to get this issue fixed and do you mind sharing how for other end users who may experience this issue?

If you were not able to get this issue fixed, I researched solutions to your questions. Office 365 has Advanced Email Security spam settings. The Advanced Email Security add-on provides additional spam settings, which you can change at any time. These include spam sensitivity level and help with bulk or suspected phishing emails.

Here is the help article that can assist with choosing the option that best fits your needs: https://www.godaddy.com/help/edit-advanced-email-security-spam-settings-23947.

Again I apologize for the delayed response and I hope you were able to find this helpful.

Thanks. I read through that. There does not seem to be any option in there that would be equivalent to the “Auto Purge” function in the Workplace email.

Auto Purge is not just for spam, although that’s the main use for most people, I imagine. It just tells the email program to automatically purge mail from any particular address you designate without you ever seeing it. It doesn’t go to junk or even trash—it’s just purged. It never gets to you. In your Workplace email client it’s a list you can add to or subtract from, accessed through the spam settings.

I liked that. I had a hundred or two addresses listed. Never saw mail from those addresses. But, apparently, Outlook does not have it.