cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sync new GoDaddy custom domain email to my existing hotmail

I just bought/setup a new custom Outlook365 email address through GoDaddy. I've tried to sync this with my existing hotmail email but it keeps saying it can't access the server, which is hilarious, because I'm asking Outlook to access Outlook, so there shouldn't be any issue. (I'm not a newbie to this, I already have 4 other addresses synced here, including 2 from GoDaddy's original Workspace server.)

I have been into the new custom domain email's inbox, found the POP and SMTP info, copied this over accurately, and no matter how many times I check and re-check all the info is correct, it just will not go through, just keeps saying it can't access the server.

In the meantime I've set up the custom address to forward to the hotmail so I'm at least seeing the incoming mail, but of course I can't send outgoing mail with the alias by doing this, so it's not a fix. What on earth is the problem and how do I solve??

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hello @GenevieveG and welcome to the Community!

I apologize for the late welcome and response. Were you able to get this issue fixed and do you mind sharing how for other end users who may experience this issue?

If you were not able to fix this issue, I was researching different ways to solve this and found some help articles that might help with at least diagnose what is causing the issue in order to continue troubleshooting:

Again I do apologize for the delayed response and hope you found one of these articles helpful with troubleshooting. I hope you have a great day!

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7 via chat or phone!

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!