cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive emails from outside the Office organisation.

Hello,

Thank you for taking time to look at this!

I currently am having an issue where I cannot send emails from my other outlook/gmail accounts into my newly created Office365 account. The main use of this newly created account was for it to be used as a main contact point on a new website i'm currently developing, so it hasn't got much use currently due to the fact that it isn't receiving emails from other sources.

Emails sent from the newly created account to itself are sent and received fine, and the created account can send emails out fine too.

Is there any troubleshooting I can do here to help resolve this? I have also monitored the Mail flow via the admin center of Office365, and i don't see any emails currently blocked/redirected or anything.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Cannot receive emails from outside the Office organisation.

hello @JakeRoper ,

How long ago did you set up the Office 365 email account? Email can take up to 48-72 hours for propagation to complete sometimes. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

Re: Cannot receive emails from outside the Office organisation.

I created it yesterday, so if just waiting for a period of time before propagation is complete, then I'll suppose i'll just have to be patient... 🙂

Thank you for answering my query @davisdre317