cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Cannot set up Workspace Email on Outlook 365

this is beyond frustrating, I have reset my password on my workspace email account. I can login on the webmail site but cannot set up the account on Outlook 365. This is beyond frustrating and your live chat was of no help at all. Will someone just simply tell me how to add a workspace email account to outlook 365 on a windows 10 machine. All your advice is referencing out of date versions of windows and outlook - it is the 21st century you know

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have just realised IMAP does not support MFA. So outlook will not connect
to the IMAP server at all.

James Wood

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User IV

@JamesWood 

I guess my question is what are you using for the servers in Outlook, this should just be setting up a POP/IMAP account and nothing fancy.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Exactly, I’m using the servers from the workspace email set up page with the correct port no’s and the security settings and I’ve double checked the account details and it will not connect

James Wood

@JamesWood 

1) Is the account added and just not connecting??

2) Are you getting any errors in Outlook ??

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

It will not add the account at all, I can google accounts, exchange accounts but the workspace imap account no matter what I do.

@JamesWood 

That seems very strange - I would reach out to Microsoft as it maybe a setting in Outlook 365 that needs to be adjusted - There isn't anything special (to the best of my knowledge) that would prevent a specific email client from connecting with the GoDaddy server.

I have just realised IMAP does not support MFA. So outlook will not connect
to the IMAP server at all.

James Wood

View solution in original post