cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to use godaddy email client even though I host my sites with Godaddy

Afternoon everybody,

I have a question that might be obvious to most people but I kind of confused!!

I host various sites on Godaddy and have used the godaddy email client. As my businesses have grown Ive noticed I always run out of space in my in email box making me delete old mail.

Ive now opened a thunderbird account and get my mail with lots of space for all my mail.

The question is, do this mail have to go through godadddy mail first and then get directed to thunderbird? If so I'd have to return to my godaddy account and delete my mail before the account gets full and stops future mail reaching me?

Or does this mail reaching thunderbird not have anything to do with the godaddy account and I can just forget about it?

I wouls appreciate any advice as I seem to spend more time deciding which emails I can delete than working on improving my business!!!!

Thank you 

Andrew

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Do I have to use godaddy email client even though I host my sites with Godaddy

@Andrewjh1 wrote:

Afternoon everybody,

I host various sites on Godaddy and have used the godaddy email client. As my businesses have grown Ive noticed I always run out of space in my in email box making me delete old mail.

Ive now opened a thunderbird account and get my mail with lots of space for all my mail.

The question is, do this mail have to go through godadddy mail first and then get directed to thunderbird? If so I'd have to return to my godaddy account and delete my mail before the account gets full and stops future mail reaching me?

Or does this mail reaching thunderbird not have anything to do with the godaddy account and I can just forget about it?

I wouls appreciate any advice as I seem to spend more time deciding which emails I can delete than working on improving my business!!!!

Thank you 

Andrew

@Andrewjh1 I had the same problem many years ago. Currently I use Google for Business email or Gmail, you can pull the email from multiple email accounts and have them in your one gmail account and have the ability to send/receive from your email addresses at Godaddy. When you set it up choose the option of not leaving a copy of the email on the server so that your storage will never fill up. Here are the instructions: https://www.godaddy.com/help/set-up-remote-access-for-a-gmail-account-with-pop3-2577

---

Re: Do I have to use godaddy email client even though I host my sites with Godaddy

I dont have to setup a Gmail address do I? 

Ive setup this thunderbird account and im getting the mail from the website hosted on godaddy.

Can I just leave this godaddy workspace account alone now and forget about it??

Or will it fill up and stop mail getting sent over to my thunderbird account?

Thanks for the help!

@justingodfreywrote:

@Andrewjh1wrote:

Afternoon everybody,

Thank you 

Andrew

@Andrewjh1 I had the same problem many years ago. Currently I use Google for Business email or Gmail, you can pull the email from multiple email accounts and have them in your one gmail account and have the ability to send/receive from your email addresses at Godaddy. When you set it up choose the option of not leaving a copy of the email on the server so that your storage will never fill up. Here are the instructions: https://www.godaddy.com/help/set-up-remote-access-for-a-gmail-account-with-pop3-2577

---

Ive setup this thunderbird account and im getting the mail from the website hosted on godaddy.

Thanks for the help!

Super User II
Super User II

@Andrewjh1 wrote:

@justingodfreywrote:

@Andrewjh1wrote:

Afternoon everybody,

Thank you 

Andrew

---

Thanks for the help!

@Andrewjh1 You'll just need to make sure that Thunderbird isn't leaving a copy of the email on the server otherwise it will eventually fill up and you'll stop receiving email.

----

Ok, Ill give it a try, 

One more question!!

A lot of the mail I sent out went into peoples junk.

Would the fact that I didn't have much space in my godaddy email workspace when sending out my emails affect whether they ended up in junk or not??

Thanks for the advice!