cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Domain and Premium Email Hosting on Godaddy but the website hosting is elsewhere

Hi all,

I have my domain and Premium Email hosting on godaddy but the website hosting is elsewhere, I updated the Nameservers to the new webhosting but the emails of that domain stopped working. How do I update the DNS records that only the website hosting is updated and the Emails keep working on the Premium package.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Domain and Premium Email Hosting on Godaddy but the website hosting is elsewhere

Hi @weblogia. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! There are a couple of ways to do what you're asking about. The easiest would probably be to point your domain back to GoDaddy nameservers (default), then update the A record for your domain so that it points to the IP address of your hosting account. You would need to get the IP address from your hosting provider. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Re: Domain and Premium Email Hosting on Godaddy but the website hosting is elsewhere

Thank you, I have updated the A record value to the IP address, lets see if this works.

Thanks again

I'm having the same issue, but it isn't working for me. My MX records are still messed up.