cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Email still going to Office365 after cancelling

I cancelled my two emails at one of my domains that were using Office 365.    I then had to adjust the DNS for that domain, to get rid of the Office 365 entries and change the MX record back to smtp.secureserver.net, so I can forward those emails to another domain.   

But emails sent to my old domain are bouncing by Office 365 still.    I still own the old domain. 

Thanks,

Ray

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Email still going to Office365 after cancelling

@rayk1

Hmmm...  Are you moving to Workspace email?

Something must be inaccurate in the DNS record.  For Workspace you should have 2 MX records something like this:

The first MX record:

In the Priority field, type 0.
In the Destination field, type smtp.secureserver.net.

The second MX record:

In the Priority field, type 10.
In the Destination field, type mailstore1.secureserver.net.

If you have the above in place and it still is not working, I would suggest getting in contact with GoDaddy and asking them to check things out.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

New

Not SOLVED!.    Why would this show as SOLVED just because somebody said 'check the DNS'.  

I should have mentioned I'm a 30 year tech veteran.   Yes, the DNS is correct.   Various MX Lookup sites all claim it is going to GoDaddy, not Microsoft 365.   

Maybe it took longer than 48 hours for the DNS to propagate. Now I seem to be getting this:

MTA p3plibsmtp01-12.prod.phx3.secureserver.net received this response from the destination host IP - 207.46.163.170 -  550 , 550 5.7.64 TenantAttribution; Relay Access Denied [BN1BFFO11FD019.protection.gbl]

Super User II Super User II
Super User II

@rayk1

Sorry to hear my answer was not helpful -- all I had to work with was what you noted.

The forum moderators make the decision to mark posts solved usually after a couple days of no response from the original poster.   In my experience, more times than not, folks never come back to post an update thereby leaving tons of open posts. 

If you are still having issues, your best bet is to get in contact with GoDaddy support and explain what you've done and what is happening and I'm sure they will be happy to help. 😉

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Good luck! Just got off the phone with tech about my DNS record being inaccurate and he had no clue. His answers were inaccurate and to top it all off he refused to put me through to a supervisor. He told me he answered my question........Technically yes you did but get this sparky, you gave me the wrong answer which is worse than telling me you had no F***ing clue what I was talking about.

My advice, go to your microsoft admin panel and delete your sites manually from there. While your at it, have Microsoft delete the initial domain they open on your bahalf before they add your domain.

After you do all of that....Tell GoDaddy to kick rocks and give Google G-Suite a call. They put security FIRST and include encryption with EVERY package they offer.

GoDaddy offers it as an add-on. They also charge you to provide security on your domain. This is absurd!!!! So let me get this straight... GoDaddy buys servers and leaves the door wide open to attackers leaving it up to you to protect yourself?

This company has gone straight down the toilet. They hire uncertified idiots that have no clue what they’re talking about.

I’m gonna pull my account and let each one of my 18,000 members to stay away from GoDaddy.

ByeDaddy!!!!

Thanks Muse, your solution worked for me. I was not getting any emails after cancelling my office365 account.