cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I

GoDaddy Email Compromised? Bounce Back Emails STILL Occurring

I've got five email accounts through GoDaddy and for weeks now two of them have been experiencing huge amounts of bounce-back emails from emails I NEVER SENT (see below): 

Message Delivery Failure
mailer-daemon@secureserver.net [mailer-daemon@secureserver.net]
Sent: Wed, 2:23 pm
To: my email address
Attachments: untitled-[2]untitled-[3]???????????????????????554758?C0M?????188?18?0?,??Q8115 13 237???.eml
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

* 2228322698@qq.com

Reason: There was an error while attempting to deliver your message with [Subject: "措核舅押厕霜舸迎锚讴摩垦逻切澳菛威尼斯人554758点C0M邀您紸冊拿188盈18⒏0提,专员Q8115 13 237拿行为"] to 2228322698@qq.com. MTA p3plsmtpa11-08.prod.phx3.secureserver.net received this response from the destination host IP - 184.105.206.30 - 550 , 550 Mailbox not found. http://service.mail.qq.com/cgi-bin/help?subtype=1&&id=20022&&no=1000728
.==================

Godaddy tells me to:

Change the password. DONE. Several times.

Change the DNS record for my domain/s. DONE.

Run a malware scan. DONE. No malware on MY end.

Every time I write or call they give me the runaround. This is NOT a Godaddy problem they say. Then why are so many others having the same exact problem? Why are you repeatedly sending me these emails:

Dear Pamela Grow,

GoDaddy understands that email is a vital part of business today and we take our commitment to customer security seriously. We have reason to believe that your email account pamela@pamelagrow.com may have been compromised.

For your protection, and the protection of others, we have suspended the ability for this address to send mail through third-party clients such as Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.

What's the next step?

As soon as possible, please update your password using these instructions (more info). We encourage you to use a strong password and to change your previous password (or any variations) anywhere else you may have used it.

Once your password has been updated, we will lift the suspension and the email account will be able to send mail through third party clients again.

Please keep in mind that this email account can still send and receive messages through web-based email, provided the storage quota has not been exceeded.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you need help or have questions.

The GoDaddy Email Team

============

WHEN WILL YOU FINALLY ADDRESS THIS PROBLEM AND FIX IT???

1 REPLY 1
Helper II

Re: GoDaddy Email Compromised? Bounce Back Emails STILL Occurring

Sorry to hear that you too are going through this issue.

It took about 5 days for the SPF in DNS to propagate to the servers for my "bounce-backs" to end.

I have about 22 email addresses on GoDaddy and only one that had this issue.

This is the second day that it has stopped.