Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

GoDaddy Version of Office 365 Changes Default Profile

Hi all,

I will start with this, I already have Outlook installed on my PC.  I just created an Outlook email from one of my Go Daddy 365 accounts.  Upon running PC desktop wizard to set it up, my default profile was automatically changed to the Go Daddy newly created profile. Why did I not get an option to just add the email and not use it as my default profile?

Quite simply, I do not want that email to be my primary profile.  So now I'm going to undo this. However, because Microsoft office is so frequently already installed on PCs may I suggest a change to the wizard to maintain a primary profile and just add a Go Daddy address as another email instead of taking over the mailbox profile by default.

Just my thought for the day,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
4 REPLIES 4

Re: GoDaddy Version of Office 365 Changes Default Profile

Wow, they've known about the problem the whole time??!!! I'm furious that it overwrote YEARS of Outlook without a single mention that it was about to do so. Given how long they've known about this, I will depart GoDaddy as soon as the next renewal comes up and they're not getting any other web service accounts from me.

Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Hello @JMPepper!

Looking at both the manual setup and Outlook Assistance setup it does clearly state that it does request to create a new email profile.  GoDaddy does show you how to set Outlook to prompt for a profile

It's only when you click on the "More on Outlook Profiles" where they redirect you to the Microsoft Document in where you can see about "Modify your profile" section to add an email account to an existing email profile.

I see where you are coming at about adding it directly to your existing default profile, and I can see there point of view as well, as making no changes to your current existing email profile, especially if you have Macros and/or Office add-ons possibly getting messed up with the addition of a mailbox to one's current default mail profile.

GoDaddy just needs to create another document about adding email to the current email profile or refer the user to Microsoft Document to add an email account to Outlook

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I

Hi @davisdre317,

Good points all around.  I did happen to be one that has macros/rules/automation so ......

Thanks for your service.  Though I've never been in the military, I have military tattoos on my back honoring my family and friends who've served.  Thank you!

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
Super User I
Super User I

Hello @JMPepper,

Indeed all good points around, but a good valid point you give though. 

Thank you. It was a pleasure to serve!

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***