cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

How to create an unsubscribe link & add to auto-signature

Hi everyone, I am new to this, so apologies if I am asking the wrong type of question in the wrong place.  I suspect too that this might be a really daft question, but I am really stuck.

I have Office 365 Email Essentials and I am using Outlook 365.  I need to add an unsubscribe link into my auto signature.  I don't know if I need a different email package or if I am missing something, but I can't find anything in the Outlook menu items or help on how to do this.  I know how to insert a hyperlink in my auto-signature - the problem I have is what should the link be?  

Any help very much appreciated, thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: How to create an unsubscribe link & add to auto-signature

@Bowler_s 

Unsubscribe links are normally linked with Blast Email systems like the one from GoDaddy, MailChimp, Constant Contact etc as they link back to the database for tracking purposes.

You could just do a link that generates an email back to you mailto:youremailaddress is the link

I caution against using Office 365 in this fashion though as if you are sending "blast" emails via Office 365....

1) there is a limit how many per day you can send

2) If you get bounces / spam complaints (usually 1%-5% of total emails sent) you can have your account suspended - I'm not sure if this would be just the one mailbox of the entire domain 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Solution

Re: How to create an unsubscribe link & add to auto-signature

Thank you so much 🙂 

Until a few days ago I didn't know what a blast email was either (I have a lot of learning to do!)  

I have used that to create an unsubscribe link in my outlook email, so simple when you know how.

I haven't sent any marketing emails yet, I have just been emailing my students (I am a yoga teacher).  But I ran into problems because I was sending them a document each week with info from the class, and I was putting them in Bcc so I didn't disclose their email addresses.  I didn't realise this would be an issue and I was blocked from sending emails - which is now resolved.  So now I am trying to make sure I do everything correctly 🙂

I will use Go Daddy to send marketing type emails - many thanks for the warning.