cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Linux web hosting - Mail goes into Junk

Hi Communitty,

I am having a problem with my mail arriving at my customer's inbox.

Every email I send from info@mydomain.com.au arrives in the junk folder of my Hotmail accounts that I use for testing. I bought Linux web hosting and setup mail in cpanel. So this is not through the office 365 subscription that GoDaddy offers on the website.

After a few tests I thought it might had to do with DMARC but after making a txt entry in my DNS settings I still have this issue.

After that i used mxtoolbox.com and found out that my domain is blacklisted at SORBS DUHL, a spam blocking system. I never did any mailing except testing it with my own Hotmail accounts. I found out that more people have issues and that it might be GoDaddy's server is blacklisted and therefor the domain that are being hosted on there?!

Does anybody have any experience with this and might know the issue/solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@Jelmervanderh 

Back in the day, I had that problem with a GoDaddy IP that was constantly being blacklisted.   When you are on shared hosting, where IPs are also shared, if someone is not playing by the rules, you can get caught up in that blacklisting.

What you have to do is contact GoDaddy support and let them know of the situation so that they can work towards getting the IP cleared.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"No pressure, no diamonds." Thomas Carlyle

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II

@Jelmervanderh 

Back in the day, I had that problem with a GoDaddy IP that was constantly being blacklisted.   When you are on shared hosting, where IPs are also shared, if someone is not playing by the rules, you can get caught up in that blacklisting.

What you have to do is contact GoDaddy support and let them know of the situation so that they can work towards getting the IP cleared.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"No pressure, no diamonds." Thomas Carlyle

View solution in original post