cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Locked out of email every morning

Our company switched to Godaddy about 4 years ago on website hosting and email.  Never had any issues.  Last Monday one of our email accounts was locked out on his first try logging in.  It was the same saved password that has been there for years.  We had the password reset. and he was able to login.  But the same thing happened every morning. last week  He would come to work try to log in with new password and he was locked out for hours at a time.  We have a 3rd party manage our emails (which we are not fond of but what can we do now) so sometimes it take a little bit for them to respond and reset a new password.

This happened everyday last week.  We tried clearing cookies and caches, tried logging in on other computers, home computers but it keeps locking him out after his first use of a password.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Is there a virus on his account?  Our email managing company told us Godaddy says there's nothing wrong with the account and its user error and there's nothing they can do. Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Locked out of email every morning

Hi @Arthur2018. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! 

I've never heard of this happening before. If one of our support team members has looked at the account and didn't find anything wrong, my guess would be another party attempting to log in to the account repeatedly, until they get locked out. A former employee perhaps? Hard to say. 

One thing you might try is connecting to the account via an email client (like Outlook) instead of logging in via webmail. I'm not sure if that would authenticate differently but it might be worth a try if you continue having issues. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I'm having the same issue. It happens in bursts - today I've been repeatedly locked out of my account. Every time it times out it immediately locks out again. It happened a few weeks ago as well. Since I'm not messing up my log in, I assume someone's trying to brute-force my email account. GoDaddy Mods: Do you keep the IP addresses that fail to log in? I'd really like a log so I can pursue it.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ThomasB. That information is probably logged somewhere, but you likely wouldn't be able to gain access to it, outside of a legal request. We do allow you to see the login history for Workspace Email accounts, but this would only be for successful login attempts. Sorry Man Sad

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I am having problems every day logging into my email account.  This happens every single time, and is getting quite frustrating.  I log in with the correct password and it locks me out for 10 minutes.  Then I log in again with the SAME password and it lets me in.  

I do not have time to mess with this every time I try to get in.  I know some sites require you to log in twice, but to wait for 10 minutes until you can do it again is ridiculous.  When you are running a business, you don't have time to mess with stuff like this.  

I have called numerous times trying to get some answers as to why it is doing this, but no one has been able to find out why it is not letting me in on my first attempt.  

Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

I'm having the same issue.  Email gets locked out roughly ever six hours.  For quite some time, I have had two Godaddy's hosted Exchange email profiles in my Outlook app.  It started about a week ago to one of the accounts.  The other is fine.  Driving me crazy.  Any fixes would be great.  

New

Same thing is happening to 2 of our 9 accounts with Go Daddy. They recommended we purchase 'Advanced Email Security' claiming that would fix the problem but it didn't. Every 24 hours both accounts are locked out and all they can tell me is the accounts are being locked due to excessive failed login attempts. Trying now to use the advanced email security data to resole the problem, so far Go Daddy can't tell me much. They now are recommending I delete the email profiles and re-establish the accounts on both laptop and phone, Poke and hope.

I am having this same problem too.  5 years no problems.  Last 10 days, I get locked out all of the time.  Extremely frustrating, I'm about to transfer my domain away from GoDaddy and just get it through Microsoft because it's not worth the hassle any more.  This is a business account. 

New

Mine is a business account too and we’ve lost so much productivity because of this glitch. I just can’t fathom Go Daddy’s engineers can’t figure this out. Very disappointing. I too my leave Go Daddy.

I just read elsewhere that if you uninstall office 365 and reinstall it seems to solve the problem.  I just tried it and it worked, at least for now.  We'll see how it works for though. 

New

Great news, congrats. Can you kindly drop me a reply in a couple of days letting me know if its still working? I’d appreciate it. Thanks.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone. It appears that this thread is covering what may ultimately be several different topics. As this is an older thread which already has a solution, it will now be closed. If you continue having issues, please create a new topic specific to the email platform you're using (Workspace Email, Office 365, cPanel, etc.). Thanks!