cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Not receiving email on free hosting but I can send

Not receiving email on free hosting e-mails (100), I can send email but i am not receiving incoming email.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@marvel786 

Ok - So that doesn't totally answer my question...let me see if I can walk you through this....

1) I am assuming you have a cPanel account with GoDaddy.

2) I am also assuming on the cPanel account, you've gone to Email accounts and configured one or more email accounts

3) Assuming 1 &2 are correct, then when you need to do is goto 

https://dcc.godaddy.com/manage/buyershut.com/dns

You will want to add an A record with a host of mail, points to is 166.62.28.143 which is the IP address of your cPanel account. For TTL I recommend custom / 600

Once you've done that you will want to remove the 2 MX records mailstore1.secureserver.net and smtp.secureserver.net 

You will then add a new MX record host = @, points to mail.buyershut.com  priority = 10

TTL = custom / 600

Then you should be able to receive email.

MX records control where the mail is delivered do.

The current records point to the paid GoDaddy email - if you had wanted to use Office 365 you would have replaced these records with the Office 365 record.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Super User IV

@marvel786 

What is the domain name - more than likely your MX records need to get updated.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

@PL281 Thank you for your help. My domain name :  www.buyershut.com, How can i update MX records ?

@marvel786 

Sorry for the delay I didn't get a notice you replied - So right now your MX records are pointed to the GoDaddy hosted email - are you using office 365 or something else?

Thank you for your assistance. I am trying to use GoDaddy hosted email, office 365 is not working, office 365 has same problem - I can send but i can't receive. i am new in this area, that's why i have very little technical knowledge about mx records and hosted email service. 

Thank you

Marvel786

@marvel786 

Can you post a screen shot of where you are sending your mail from - If you were using the hosted service this would be working. If you are using email on a cPanel server it needs to be adjusted.

i have attached screen shot for you.

Thank you for making the time to help me.

Regards,

Marvel786

Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 19.19.09.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-12 at 19.21.28.png

@marvel786 

Ok - So that doesn't totally answer my question...let me see if I can walk you through this....

1) I am assuming you have a cPanel account with GoDaddy.

2) I am also assuming on the cPanel account, you've gone to Email accounts and configured one or more email accounts

3) Assuming 1 &2 are correct, then when you need to do is goto 

https://dcc.godaddy.com/manage/buyershut.com/dns

You will want to add an A record with a host of mail, points to is 166.62.28.143 which is the IP address of your cPanel account. For TTL I recommend custom / 600

Once you've done that you will want to remove the 2 MX records mailstore1.secureserver.net and smtp.secureserver.net 

You will then add a new MX record host = @, points to mail.buyershut.com  priority = 10

TTL = custom / 600

Then you should be able to receive email.

MX records control where the mail is delivered do.

The current records point to the paid GoDaddy email - if you had wanted to use Office 365 you would have replaced these records with the Office 365 record.

View solution in original post

Thank you very much. It is working now. I am really glad that you given me precise detail to solve my problem. i am sorry because my reply wasn't accurate.

Thank you

Marvel786