cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office365 email forwarding error

I have an Office365 email account that is being forwarded. In Settings>Mail>Forwarding the "Keep a copy ..." box is unchecked but a copy of the mail remains in my inbox. The result is a daily message from the server telling me my mailbox is nearly full. Why are emails continuing to be saved and will my Office mailbox eventually bounce arriving email?

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hello @Docrocks and welcome to the Community!

I apologize for the late welcome and response. Were you able to get this issue fixed and do you mind sharing how for other end users who may experience this issue?

If you were not able to get this issue fixed, I was able to research some solutions. I found a help article that might help: https://www.godaddy.com/help/forward-my-office-365-email-to-a-different-email-account-20078.

Here is an excerpt from the help article: Step 5:

Select the check box to Keep a copy of forwarded messages if you want to keep copies of your incoming email in your Outlook inbox. If you don't check this, once the email message is forwarded, it's deleted from your Outlook account.

Based off of this information and the information you provided, if the box is not checked then once the email is forwarded then the message is deleted from your Outlook account. Is there a chance that your email is being CC'd or BCC'd in the emails? If none of these are the case, then I would advise to reach out to Support for an account review.

Again I apologize for the delayed response and I hope you found this helpful. I hope you have a great day!

Godaddy Support is available 24/7 via phone or chat!