cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Outgoing emails not being received and no notification

We have one hosting service and 2 separate domains through go daddy, for which I have set up emails. I use Thunderbird for email software. Just recently, over the past couple of weeks, we have had multiple clients tell us emails are not getting through to them. We have no bounceback, delivery or read notifications. They have checked spam/junk files and not there either.  Other emails are getting through fine so it's hit and miss. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

38 REPLIES 38
Employee
Employee

Re: Outgoing emails not being received and no notification

Hello @Anthea!

Welcome to our community! That's a tough one. My suggestion would be reaching out to our support team on this. They can check the server to see if the emails are going out at all.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

We are experiencing the same problem.  

I'm having the same issue and I'm getting nowhere with GoDaddy.

Can anybody help??

same been happening to me, turned out that the server godaddy use for my email is is some blacklists so some providers just bin your emails instantly as spam so the recipients never get them.

I am having the same problem with certain customers. This is getting very awkward. I am told they are not showing up anywhere in their SPAM folders.

Quite a number are getting through, but a number of key customers are not receiving my emails, so I am having to use my private gmail to contact them.

I have just set up several email forwarding options.  All forwarding to gmail and Hotmail accounts "disappears" but forwarding to another account eg name@cogeco.ca works fine.

Can/will this be corrected soon?  

I am also having the same issue. Customers are not getting my reply to their inquiries.

i have the same problem, i can send emails directly which do arrive at the recipient.

but when i reply to a received email it does not get delivered.

any suggestions ?

This is also happening to our account.  We are even experiencing issues with past clients who had no problem receiving emails before now not receiving our emails.  I am able to receive their emails but they are not able to receive mine.  GoDaddy, support has yet to be helpful as they are insisting there isn't a problem but this post and my current experience seems to say otherwise.  Please respond with some positive action that can be taken to resolve this matter. 

Lori Gonzalez

Hey @svenske@Blushflorals@elmwood@Halo-creative@stagg100@marleneT,

If none of you have received any kind of error message or bounced reply sending out messages to your clients, it makes it very difficult to troubleshoot without these details. The best course of action is to contact our live support as previously suggested by @Heather so we can have our email teams take a closer look. 

A couple of items I can suggest trying before calling. Test sending out mail from multiple email clients if possible. This includes webmail. Be sure your recipients have checked spam message folders and their mail filtering settings to ensure your messages are being sent directly to the inbox and not elsewhere by mistake. If possible, try sending from different devices or networks as it could be an isolated system or local network issue. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

My email works fine from outlook to gmail and back. It only does't work from the contact forms I use on the site. 

I cannot call customer support because I live i Thailand and the local one is all in thai language.

I cannot call out of the country because I have just renewed my contract and have to be registered for 3 months before I have international calls.

I don't understand why the chat service is never available.

What can someone on here not do anything if I give my log in information? 

New

Hi @Heather,

I have the same problems as @Anthea and I did try speaking to GoDaddy Support. I am sorry to say that my call was not handled by a competent person and he kept on asking the same questions. He also said that technical support people were unavailable when I called. I do not understand why 24/7 support is assured but provided by incompetent staff. I am beginning to realize that GoDaddy is yet to acknowledge the existence of this problem, from so many others' posts on the same issue. Can you please advise the best way out of this genuine problem? Thanks for understanding.

With thanks & regards,

Vijay.

Employee
Employee

Hello there Vijay @drjvvr!

Thank you for posting! Our mission at GoDaddy is that you have the very best experience with us every single contact and I'm sorry if you experienced anything but. My suggestion here would be contacting support again. This community is not a method for reaching or lodging complaints about experiences with support. Thank you for understanding.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
New

Hi, Unfortunately this problem is NOT solved. I have contacted support a couple of times - first time was hopeless, second was more willing to assist, but told technical team were aware of the issue and were working on it (and obviously not isolated to us!). So now we are looking at moving all our hosting, domains, etc to another provider as businesses can not afford for their customers to think we aren't providing a service - they will go elsewhere, which is what we will have to do also.
New

Hello Heather,

Thank you for your response. I do agree that this Community is not the right place to complain. But, what should I do if my multiple attempts to contact to the GoDaddy support centre do not resolve my issue? The support agent answering my call either has no capability to understand the issue I am trying to report or denies the very existence of the issue. In one instance, the support staff said "the tech support guys are not available at the moment". I do not know how a member of the support staff can say this, as I believe that we are calling GoDaddy support to speak to experts who can help us with the issue and not to speak to a technology novice who is as good as us. Is there a way to escalate this issue? Sorry if I sound unpleasant; but my GoDaddy experience is definitely so :-(

With thanks & regards,

Vijay.

New

I agree, @Anthea! I do not think it is right on GoDaddy's part to say that a problem is solved just by directing the customer to contact GoDaddy Support, which they would anyway do. The only positive news I have perceived after participating in this forum is that I am not alone with this issue.

@Heather & @CG, I hope you could help customers like us who trust GoDaddy a lot. We have entrusted you with the responsibility of managing our e-mail system so that we can concentrate on our core business without worrying about anything else. I hope GoDaddy would realise this fact.

With thanks & regards,

Vijay.

I'm having the same issue here, lots of my company emails are not being delivered. From the responses here, i wonder If I should still contact support or start looking elsewhere for a better webhosting.

Hi, I have been having the same problem I have been troubleshooting this with a clients IT Consultant to try to get this resolved but we have just concluded that that problem is GoDaddy. I can not afford for my customers not to receive important emails while I am totally unaware of them not receiving it. I haven't contacted support yet because I know how they just like to put it off on the recipient of the email but it can't possibly be since the same recipient receives emails at times and other times they don't. Also its not just one customer that I have this problem with, it is multiple customers and very random. The only solution I see from this thread is to search for other options in web hosting. 

I am getting the same issue, with vital customers going elsewhere as I am unaware that they are not receiving my responses to their enquiries. I feel I cannot trust my emails and am having to use my private gmail address to contact customers which is a) unprofessional, b) a hassle, and c) not what I am paying GoDaddy good money for!

It says this thread is solved, but I can' see a solution anywhere to this serious problem. 

I posted to this thread nearly 6 months ago, yet the problem is still occurring. I can't afford to phone a non-free number to sort out a problem that shouldn't be happening in the first place, let alone the time to make that call. 

I'M TRYING TO RUN A BUSINESS HERE!!

I'm having this exact same issue. Several people on various ISPs are telling me they don't receive my emails. Even worse, clients who have trusted me to handle their web hosting with a reliable service are reporting their messages are not being received.

I've used GoDaddy for almost a decade and have been recommending my clients use the service, too. My own email address has been in existence for years without changing. But, suddenly people aren't getting messages from me.

There are no error messages, bounce-backs or spam. The messages simply don't arrive.

I've just spent hundreds of dollars and put my good name on the line with your service. My clients need to know that all the services they pay for are reliable and that any issues will actually be addressed. Unfortunately, I may have to switch to something else as I'm quickly losing confidence.

BTW, "call support" is not a solution. Every time I do that, they just want to blame someone else or say they don't support third-party systems. If you don't want people posting about this in the community, fix the problem.

New

I have the same problem. It's 2/16/2017. I agree that "call support" is not a solution. I just got off the phone with them, and this is what they said: "CNET provides the email and the hosting. They're great at hosting, but they suck at email. Don't blame us... blame CNET. We're just a third party, like when you buy something through Amazon. Pay for one of our other email options and you'll have email that works." Clearly GoDaddy isn't going to be much help. They shouldn't include CNET email if it doesn't work properly. They should be up-front about having to pay for email service. Free email that doesn't work right is less than worthless. And it would be disingenuous to argue that it's free so you can't complain... it's not really free; it's included in the hosting package. It's a factor that goes into the decision to buy the hosting package through GoDaddy. If people are having problems with CNET email, GoDaddy should offer to upgrade to a different service free of charge.

I've just been on the phone for over an hour trying to solve this issue with GoDaddy tech support, only to be told it's because of the spam settings of the people I'm sending to or because of my individual ISP and GoDaddy can't help.

I've used multiple ISP's as I work mobile, so that can't be the issue. I've also sent emails to these people before and it's worked fine, so it can't be their spam settings.

I'm trying to run a business here, and this makes me look unprofessional.

New

Have you checked blacklists? I just did, my non ssl was clean, but the ssl/tls server was blacklisted causing me to be rejected. I'm currently on hold to discuss my findings with tech support.  

New

Adding to the list here. Sent emails were occasionally never arriving but it's now becoming more common. Blacklists are clean, no errors or bounce back, no sign of these emails in recipients' spam folders. These sent emails from my GoDaddy domain are apparently silently discarded by some ISPs (some top tier huge email providers as well, which makes this all the more problematic).

Another business with this same issue. No errors, no bounces, no notifications. Not a good state of affairs. It seems random but does seem to be many of the same recipients, just random emails to them.

Really frustrating. Talked to Godaddy tech support and they were no help. About to switch hosting. 

New

I've had the exact same problem for months now, which is super frustrating. I have many individuals who do not recieve e-mails from our contact forms, other forms, sign up forms or anything that sends e-mails from the server. I even have a moodle installation that requires users to confirm their accounts via e-mail - which is super frustrating since a number of them never receive this confirmation e-mail so I have to do it manually.

I run all our e-mail through Google Apps, which is fantastic for the e-mail side of things - however the VERY frustrating part is that I CANNOT use the google SMTP server settings for outgoing mail on the server side of things, I MUST use the GoDaddy Secure sever settings - which is obviously where the problem lies. If we could use our own outgoing server settings that would solve everything, otherwise I would like this fixed.

I'm having the exact same problem. Emails sent to:
- gmail accounts go straight to spam

- yahoo.com go to the inbox

I've definitely lost business because of this.

Do I need to change my DNS records for my mail origin domain so that messages sent from the GoDaddy secureserver.net webmail hosted app are not treated as spam?

New

Me too.  I unfortunately am about to go out of business because of this.  Definitely worth the money to set up a google business account instead using godaddy.  I'm actually very angry.  I've probably lost over $200k in business and I don't have the time to check to see if every single email has been received.  Does anyone know if there is a read receipt option in godaddy email?

I have spent literally hours with a very patient tech support person (actually two) from GoDaddy trying to understand why this is happening.  (This is probably my 5th attempt to figure this out with them over the past month+.)  I now believe 100% this is an issue with GoDaddy being flagged for spam.  Here's why:  

We have verified all MX records are correct. 

I've replicated the problem using Gmail as the client and Mailbird as the client.  

When I find out an email didn't go through, with or without a notice of rejection, I cut and paste the original email into my gmail account: ___@gmail.com and not once has it not arrived at the other end. That tells me that the servers are flagging GoDaddy and not the message.  It appears to be an issue GoDaddy is not equipped to fix.  Time to look for a new hosting company.  

Same here.  If they don't fix it I will be moving service at renewal

I also spent days (literally) on the phone and on chat with GoDaddy support.  In the end, it appears that they are being blocked for spam and that the IP Addresses are being redirected in some way that is flagging our accounts as potential threats.  I basically came to the conclusion that my only option is to find some other email host that can house my Domain

@stagg100 wrote:

I'm having the same issue and I'm getting nowhere with GoDaddy.

Can anybody help??

Name.

I have the same issue and I am offended that godaddy has marked this issue as solved.

Here is the problem and the solution:

I have two domains with godaddy.  I found some of my emails were ending up in spam folders, and some emails were not being delivered.  I spoke with godaddy support a few times and the told me this is "the other companies problem" according to their logs emails was delivered and I should be referring to the other companies admins.

So... I tested this.

I opened two new email accounts, one @hotmail.com and one @outlook.com

Hmm guess what, one email's domain was going to the "junk folder" the other was not showing up at all.  So I contacted godaddy again and there response is "we do not support other servers", they told me I could and an exclusion in hotmail/outlook to allow email to go thru.

Unfortunately this is NOT a solution.  I can not give a piece of paper to every customer I have to tell them how to "add" me to there email.

To date: godaddy will not open another email account on any other server to test this, godaddy says their servers are not being blacklisted, godaddy support team says as long as email leaves their servers and goes to other servers it is not their problem.

HERE is the solution:

Godaddy must monitor it's blacklist, must add exceptions (whitelist) to ATLEAST the most popular servers, they must stop spamers from using godaddy servers, and close any open relays.  I told the godaddy support staff how to test this (they refuse as it is against company policy)

As a former Exchange Admin, I explained this to godaddy support.  To date this problem still exists and I have asked Management to contact me.

GoDaddy's Shared hosting service uses a shared email server. Emails being sent via your website forms are routed via a PHP script through this GoDaddy shared email server address. This model for sending emails is how services identify and block auto generated email spam. HotMail.com and Yahoo.com are two such service that will block 100% of emails with this origin. I will guarantee that if you review who is not getting emails it will be to hotmail and yahoo addresses.

In addition any other hosting website where you potential recipient is using a server that blocks with this same filter will reject these emails. myclient@hisdomainatrackspacehost.com.

GoDaddy will not fix this and has denied the issue has existed for at least two years.
You have two solutions:

Change hosting services
Move your email service off of GoDaddy and use a 3rd party SMTP email service.
This will also involve adding a plugin to wordpress sites to switch using PHP based email to SMTP delivery.

New

This explains the situation perfectly, except for the solution. I run all e-mail externally using Google Apps for Business and have tried using PHP scripts/Wordpress plugins logging in to send via external SMTP server, and GoDaddy blocks this. That is the real problem. If thy would allow you to log in through and send e-mail using an external SMTP server that would be helpful, that way I would simply route all outgoing mail to my Google Apps email account.

Finally moved my service as my email are important.  Even though it cost me.

Solution

Whenever we send emails, it goes to our mail server, which is hosted on Godaddy.com.

eg. if your email id is myemail@mydomain.com then the mail server will be mail.mydomain.com.

Similarly, your recipient also has his email id and his mail server.

Typically, when you send your emails, it goes to your mail server then to your recipients mail server and then received by your recipients.

Now, some of your recipient mail server providers are registered with antispammers.  so before reaching your email to your recipient it reaches to the antispammers, a mediator, which checks for the black listing of IP address of your mail server.

Since hosting services are shared services single IP address (used by your domain) is used by 100s of websites.  Those IP address is being used for bulk email marketing purpose by other domains.  So this IP address gets blocked by antispamming sites.  That's the reason your emails are not received by your clients or intercepts.

Only one solution is to change your domain IP address which should not be registered with antispammers.  Whether it should be with Godaddy or any other solution providers.

You can check for your domain or IP address on following links:

https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

https://www.ultratools.com/tools/spamDBLookupResult

https://www.dnsbl.info

Thanks

Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @Anthea, Thanks for being a part of GoDaddy Community!

Since this only happening on some of your messages you're sending are not being delivered with no notification or bounce backs, it sounds like a block of some sort specific to your account. Try sending these messages through your webmail (login links below).

Workspace Login

Office365 Login

If you can send through webmail and the recipients receive the messages successfully, we can determine if that it's a "client-based" block – in other words, blocked from sending anywhere other than your webmail (IE, Thunderbird, mobile devices, Outlook, etc.). As there are various forms of blocks, I recommend contacting our 24/7 support team so we can access your account and assist you properly.  

Ashley M. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support Available at 480-505-8877