cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Outlook "Disconnected" from email server since Win 10 V2004 update

I let my computer update to Windows 10 v2004 in April, and found that Outlook was unable to connect to my GoDaddy Office 365 email server. The Outlook status bar reported "Disconnected" whenever the GoDaddy email account was selected. I tried to resolve it for a week or two, but ended up rolling Windows 10 back to v1909 to wait until the issue was resolved.

Today I let the upgrade happen again on my two computers, but have found that the problem is still there, on both computers.

Both computers have the same Outlook setup:-

I have two Exchange accounts, one for my GoDaddy  O365 mail, and another for a different company I work at which I'll call Turbo.

The Turbo email is provided directly by Microsoft. Outlook continues to be connected to the MS Exchange server for the Turbo account.

Outlook does not connect to the GoDaddy email account.

My version of Outlook is Version 2006. (Microsoft Outlook for Microsoft 365 MSO 16.0.13001.20338 64 bit.

My OS is Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 (10.0.19041.1)   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User I

Hello @VaughanD 

A good tool to use to diagnose Office 365 issue is the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool here - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/about-the-microsoft-support-and-recovery-assistant-e90bb6...

Simply download/install the Microsoft tool and pick the issue you are having, and it will walk you through what you might need to check and/or lead you in the right direction. Have used this several times to help with Outlook issues. 

Let me know if that helps. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User I

Hello @VaughanD 

A good tool to use to diagnose Office 365 issue is the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool here - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/about-the-microsoft-support-and-recovery-assistant-e90bb6...

Simply download/install the Microsoft tool and pick the issue you are having, and it will walk you through what you might need to check and/or lead you in the right direction. Have used this several times to help with Outlook issues. 

Let me know if that helps. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

View solution in original post