cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Password reset emails get bounced back with error 552

Hello, there!

I have been hosting an ocPortal website on a domain here for a good 2 months so far. Today, I found out that users who have been trying to reset their passwords never received an automatic email from our site. When I personally tested that, I ended up finding out that the emails sent from our site bounce back with error 552.

I suppose this may be happening because our emails for resetting passwords contain the site logo as an image and also a link that leads to the password reset prompt.

GoDaddy Customer Support, please help ASAP, as this is a mistake that is a seriously frustrating some of the members of my site.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HarryBrand
Helper III

Hello,

I'am not a GoDaddy Customer Support, but the 552 error is caused by GoDaddy's Spam filters detecting that the email either contains a Virus or Spammy Content. There is a resolution offered by GoDaddy, they say:

"Please include an option to opt out in your email messages. Then check your sending lists to ensure you are only sending to recipients who have selected to opt into receiving your mail. If you feel this message has been flagged as spam erroneously, please be sure to obtain a copy of the original message attempting to be sent, and then contact support."

You can read more about this at this link: Here. If you have a look at this article and scroll down till you find the information on the 552 error it will provide more information. 

If you are not trying to send any viruses or spammy content AND you have included the option to opt out then you should go ahead and speak to support and show the email you where trying to send.  Click on the 'Chat with us' button on the right hand side at this link.

I hope this helps and I hope your able to get your problem fixed.

Feel free to ask any other questions

Harry Brand - Here to help out the community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HarryBrand
Helper III

Hello,

I'am not a GoDaddy Customer Support, but the 552 error is caused by GoDaddy's Spam filters detecting that the email either contains a Virus or Spammy Content. There is a resolution offered by GoDaddy, they say:

"Please include an option to opt out in your email messages. Then check your sending lists to ensure you are only sending to recipients who have selected to opt into receiving your mail. If you feel this message has been flagged as spam erroneously, please be sure to obtain a copy of the original message attempting to be sent, and then contact support."

You can read more about this at this link: Here. If you have a look at this article and scroll down till you find the information on the 552 error it will provide more information. 

If you are not trying to send any viruses or spammy content AND you have included the option to opt out then you should go ahead and speak to support and show the email you where trying to send.  Click on the 'Chat with us' button on the right hand side at this link.

I hope this helps and I hope your able to get your problem fixed.

Feel free to ask any other questions

Harry Brand - Here to help out the community

View solution in original post