cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Renewing my Email Without Using Office 365

Hello,
I have a question about EMAIL and OFFICE.

I have a subscription to Office 365 Email Essential, for my  domain. And I have added a user: contact@mydomain.com to it. This subscription will expire soon.

I am not using the Office 365 services. I have Outlook 2013 installed on my laptop and I am using it to manage this email.

What will happen if I don't renew the email? would it stop working on my outlook? Am I able to only pay for the email storage without the 365 tools?

I am just trying to figure out why would I need to renew the Office 365 license since I already have a 2013 license that I use on my laptop.

Thank you very much for clarification

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Renewing my Email Without Using Office 365

Office 365 is your actual e-mail service. Outlook 2013 is just software to use that service. 

Outlook 2013 software uses the settings from your e-mail service provider, in this case Office 365, to download and mange your e-mails.

If you cancel Office 365 you will have no e-mail service -- so you do need Office 365 unless you are going to use another e-mail provider (such as ATT, Comcast, BellSouth, etc.).  You would then have to change your Outlook 2013 settings to use the new e-mail provider's incoming and outgoing SMTP server settings.

HTH!  ;-)

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Hi, my Online Essentials expires soon, and I would like to downgrade to Email Essentials. In the renewal window the only 2 options available are Online Essentials and Business Premium, both features I don't need. I just need the Email. How could I do this, do I need to cancel my current Online Essentials and purchase the Email Essentials instead? Will my current email be transferred to the new type of account? 

Thank you!

Re: Office 365 expiring 19 March 2017

Hello Everyone, 

Please assist me. 

• My Office 365 Starter email is expiring on March 19, 2017
  • I am changing to another email client tomorrow when it expires
  • Will Office 365 email automatically switch off on expiry date / day or there is a transition period?
  • I also tried to redirect email from workspace to avoid any interruptions, seems Godaddy does not allow email redirect when office 365 is in use.

I have used Office 365 for 2 years, great tool but I have my misgivings onn its performance ..

Please assist.

Thank you

Hello,

I also would want to keep just my email address without outlook or office 365. I will use IMAP.

My renewal is coming up in a few days. How can I downgrade? I only see upgrade options.

Thanks,

Liat

Hi @botnino

Office 365 and our IMAP email service are two different email platforms, so you cannot downgrade/upgrade from one to the other. You will need to contact our support team and they can assist you with purchasing our Unlimited email plan that comes with IMAP capabilities. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support