cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

SMTP server won't relay from one particular IP addresss

My mail has been working fine for the past year. I am able to send out mail via smtpout.secureserver.net no matter where my computer is plugged in, as long as the correct credentials are given.

Today, all of a sudden, the same SMTP server won't accept relays from 54.137.157.71. I did a manual test and the result is as follows:

mozart ~/> telnet smtpout.secureserver.net 80
Trying 173.201.192.101...
Connected to smtpout.secureserver.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
554 p3plsmtpa06-09.prod.phx3.secureserver.net :SMTPAUTH: ESMTP No Relay Access Allowed From 54.187.157.71
Connection closed by foreign host.

Why is this the case? How do I fix it?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: SMTP server won't relay from one particular IP addresss

Hi @KK2. That error would likely indicate that the IP is/was blacklisted for some reason. If this is the IP of your residence or business and you're still having this problem you may want to reach out to our support team to have a closer look. If this is an IP from a publicly accessible connection (like free WiFi at the local coffee shop), you may just need to wait. It will likely clear after a short time. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Re: SMTP server won't relay from one particular IP addresss

I'm having the same issue, I got the error "esmtp no relay access allowed from 47.22.148.186. " 

I tried calling support and they told me that you don't blocklist IP addresses and they only time a relay is blocked is if we go over the 250 limit.

The IP address is my static Business IP.  If I disconnect from my IP address or use webmail I can send emails. 

What can I do to fix this issue?