cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP settings for setting up alias in Airmail

Hi, I'm trying to set up an alias in Airmail for mac. I use icloud, for which my address is kguess@me.com. I want to set up my godaddy domain email address (music@kevinguess.com) as an alias so that it shows as the sent and reply-to address. But I need smtp information. I tried using smtpout.secureserver.net with port 465 an SSL selected. I used music@kevinguess.com as the username and my godaddy password as the password. I got this from a past post to this forum. When I tried "Test SMTP," however, it failed. Am I missing something? 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
New

Re: SMTP settings for setting up alias in Airmail

loging your emai and see your email client setting ...this email is godaddy workspeces email or Webmail?

workspace, I guess. my plan is email account 3, and currently forwards to my me.com account. I tried setting the SMTP for the alias in Airmail to smtpout.secureserver.net, then for authentication setting the username to music@kevinguess.com (the address for my godaddy registered domain name) and the password to my godaddy password. But when I tested the SMTP, it failed. When I turned off authentication, the SMTP test was successful, but sending an email using the alias failed. Airmail techs said I need to get the correct SMTP info from y'all. 

Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm having the same problem & don't know what to use for my setup settings.....

cheers

Employee
Employee

Hello @TessaTuttle!

Welcome to the community! One thing that may help you get an answer from someone on a thread is if you "tag" them. Here you would do so by typing the @ symbol and then clicking their name. This will send them a message, bringing their attention to your question. Smiley Happy

In regards to your question, if it's Workspace email you have, you can use the guide here to help find your settings.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support