cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Setting up a mail alias

Main Domain: Sample.com.au
Secondary: Sample.com

I want to make my secondary domain alias of my main domain but unfortunately I can't change my secondary domain dns MX records into g suite because my secondary domain have email accounts that changing MX records might cause problem to the existing accounts.

Note: My Primary Domain connected to my G Suite so I want to change my Secondary Domain MX Records to G Suite.

Please need help, Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Vanalden 

Email / Website records are separate - the only issue you would ever run into is if you had setup something like mail.yourdomain.com as CNAME pointing to @ and then you change the root @ IP address

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@Vanalden 

If your secondary domain has email accounts that are not on the primary domain and you can’t move them, then you would have to create the words on the current mail server from the secondary domain to the primary domain. Alternatively if you want everything in Google Suite you would need to create the mail accounts that are only on the second you mean on the primary domain within Google.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

What about the current website using the secondary domain will there be a conflict if ever I changed the MX records?

Thanks 

@Vanalden 

Email / Website records are separate - the only issue you would ever run into is if you had setup something like mail.yourdomain.com as CNAME pointing to @ and then you change the root @ IP address

View solution in original post