cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

SharePoint Add-on storage?

On our corporate GD account we migrated our mailboxes from HostGator using GD services to O365 Biz Premium in late 2018. We recently started using Teams/SharePoint. I've received conflicting info from GD vs MS in regard to the ability to purchase Add-on storage for SharePoint. Right now we are using about a third of our 1TB +10GB/user allocation. GD TS told me recently that yes we can buy direct from MS, while MS tells me that "It seems that GoDaddy has some limitations to the licenses they can sell. Since you purchased through them There is no way that we are aware of, where you can purchase additional storage.". IF we can't upgrade our SharePoint storage then our business operations will be severely impacted.
It's been difficult to find anyone that knows the answers, at GD or at MS.
 @JesseW suggested that I create a post to see if anyone in the Community can shed light on this situation. Thank you Jesse, and looking forward to related responses.

17 REPLIES 17
Community Manager

Hey @Mamba. Thanks for posting. According to my product team contact, it's not currently possible to upgrade SharePoint hosting. However, as I mentioned in this post, we're in the process of moving our customers from the Microsoft Syndication platform to CSP. Once we do that and get it set up the way we plan to, customers will have access to their Microsoft admin portal and should be able to upgrade SharePoint storage using the steps in this article. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hey @JesseW , yes I saw that CSP post earlier but didn't fully understand it.
Having full access to the MS admin portal would be ideal. But how will we know when that becomes available? I only know anything about it from my membership of these forums. 😞

Community Manager

That's a great question @Mamba. I'm not sure if the migration will be communicated, but I will bring that suggestion to our product team. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

RE: ...I will bring that suggestion to our product team
@JesseW  Please do so. While the improved Admin access is welcomed, the option to Add-on storage that our plan level clearly qualifies for is a higher priority and paramount to our continuing as a customer here for this product.

Community Manager

@Mamba - Thanks for the opportunity to clarify what I meant. The way to upgrade your SharePoint admin would be available once access through CSP is available. I don't believe there are any plans to make it possible to upgrade storage at the moment other than moving to CSP. Based on what you had said previously, it seems like you would have a while before you hit the current storage limit (having the account since 2018 and using about 1/3 of the storage), but perhaps I misunderstood. Unfortunately, I don't have a time frame for when these features will be available in our environment. 

Thanks @JesseW .
RE:  Based on what you had said previously, it seems like you would have a while before you hit the current storage limit...
Not really. As I said, we only recently began utilizing Teams/SharePoint; we started in January this year. If we continued storage usage at a constant rate we'd exceed our quota by Q4. But since I discovered the problem I've been taking policing/mitigation steps to decrease usage. However this adds a lot of overhead in time, effort and inconvenience and cannot continue much longer before we are forced to find a more immediately available solution.

@JesseW 
It's been over a month since my last post. Any progress updates on the move from Syndication to CSP?? I'd reply to that thread, as that's more directly the issue, but it's been marked "Solved" so I can't. This is still a very critical issue for us, and likely others whether they realize it or not.
We are now approaching 50% of our quota and that's with our IT (mainly me) spending too much time in identifying, offloading, deleting, etc what I can from SharePoint storage.

Community Manager

Hi @Mamba. First, very sorry for missing your last reply. As things stand right now, the great majority of our customers have been moved over to CSP. However, I do not know when we will have the ability to give customers the ability to access OAC. My understanding is that the team would like to get this done by the end of the calendar year. I would not expect to see it before then. I'm sure that's not ideal for you, so I apologize for any frustration. Hopefully that gives you enough information to make a decision. 

@JesseW 
Thanks...can you at least verify that when that happens we will have the ability to purchase additional SharePoint storage either directly via the OAC or with GoDaddy's assistance?
Overall we've been satisfied with our purchase and support here, but discovering that a critical feature of the direct Microsoft product is not available in our purchase of the product here has been maddening. Also if we have to cancel here this will cost us hugely in migration fees and lost time/revenue. This would very negatively impact our relationship with your company.

Community Manager

@Mamba - I understand the predicament you find yourself in. To the best of my knowledge based on the information I've received, an upgrade to SharePoint storage is a separate license, which GoDaddy doesn't have the ability to sell currently. That is why it's not available to upgrade through our interface. However, because this is something managed directly with Microsoft, once you get access to OAC, you should definitely be able to purchase said license for your organization. 

@JesseW in the meantime can you commit to posting CSP/OAC progress updates in this thread? Such would be encouraging at least. Meanwhile I've scheduled a meeting with our management to determine a course of action since the bulk of our 365 renewals come up again in Q4.

@JesseW 
Related, it is REALLY annoying that we can't even access many dashboard reports since those link to the admin portal. Here's an example from the SharePoint dashboard...I need to see usage details but I can't. Instead I have to waste a lot of time finding/writing Powershell alternatives. Unacceptable.

Community Manager

Hey @Mamba. Sorry I didn't respond to your last reply. I'm still trying to get a better understanding of where things are at. I will update once I have more information. I definitely understand your frustration. 

@JesseW It's been another month or so....any updates to report? We're trying to hang in there with GD but running out of time (and storage).

Community Manager

Hi @Mamba. I have been trying to get more information but I do not have any yet. I will continue to try to get a more firm date on when access to the OAC will be available. I'll follow up when I have more to share. Thanks for your patience thus far. 

We hit our max and had to use user accounts for supplemental storage. Please help move this forward.

Sorry to hear that @petemastro . We are possibly using the same tactic; I have a dedicated test account and up'd that OneDrive to 5GB as an offload target. Awkward but at least access authentication remains internal.