cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Stop GoDaddy email from synchronizing with MS Outlook 2016

I just had to reinstall Outlook 2016 due to a .PST issue. Problem resolved and the only issue that I have now is that GoDaddy email account is synchronizing with my Outlook 2016 program. I logged into my GoDaddy mail account and noticed that all the folders that appear on my Outlook email are now on the GoDaddy email account. I noticed that when I delete a file in Outlook, at the bottom of the screen, a bar comes up that says "Synchronizing..." and when I look on GoDaddy that file or folder was removed.

I do not want Outlook and GoDaddy to be Synchronizing. I set Outlook to only keep the email on the GoDaddy site for 5 days and then they are deleted. Any ideas how I can stop the Synchronizing?

Thanks

Don

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Stop GoDaddy email from synchronizing with MS Outlook 2016

@Mustang65 

You more than like set up the new account to be IMAP vs POP - hence the reason it is syncing. 

I personally do not recommend to use POP as if your computer were to crash and your mail file isn't backed up that you will have lost all your mail

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: Stop GoDaddy email from synchronizing with MS Outlook 2016

That is it!!! I have always used pop and my outlook files are backed up monthly on a remote NAS here at home.

Thank you for the information, have  a GREAT DAY.... WEEKEND!!!!