cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Unable to open, send, receive emails

Is anyone's email playing up or is it just mine?

The reliability of mine has be nothing short of embarrassing over the last 2-3 weeks.

This morning I can see emails but I can't open them.  Loading times are shocking.

The mobile version  eventually loads some things and then crashes. 

Then there's the  problem where I  try to reply to an email on my phone and it simply loads a blank 'compose' email screen with no previous message and no sender address to reply to.

Are there changes currently being made or some kind of upgrades going on at the minute.  Trying to run an online  business when I have no email access is painful.

21 REPLIES 21

Re: Unable to send mails to external domains

I don't know what they are playing at: they are denying this problem exists

Re: Unable to open emails.....again

Doesn't work for me either.

New

Mine not working either, when I try to read an email it just says "Loading email..."

Apparently there is an issue with email server POD 7. If you are not getting your emails correctly it is likely you are on this server.

Re: Unable To Open, Send, Receive Emails

Hey @garindan@Bazmcc@Dave81,

Yes, that particular pod is currently reporting alerts of latency which is affecting access/login, sending, and receiving messages at this time. Really sorry for the trouble this may be causing those affected. I don't have ETA details, but our engineering teams are actively working on the issue now to resolve it as quickly as possible.

I'll try to follow up with updates once I hear anything else, but in the meantime there is a report of this alert on our status page

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hey Everyone, 

Just posting an update on the Pod 7 issue. Our engineers were able to make some adjustments that has successfully restored access for most users. However, we're still working to address issues affecting a few email addresses storing more than 15,000 messages within folders. 

I'll continue to update as news is brought to my attention. 

Wow well done. while my business is going down swanny. a disgrace

Workspace Inbox Isses

Couldn't get into my emails yesterday, but that seemed to get sorted by the end of the day.

Now, if I delete or file any emails and then refresh, they're all back in my inbox again. My wife also has her own email address and is encountering the same problems. When we're trying to deal with multiple customers, it's very difficult to see who's been dealt with while your inbox just gets bigger and bigger.

I can delete them from my phone and they do disappear, but not when accessing from my laptop.

Anybody else having the same problem?

Webmail Sent folder contents have disappeared. Can I restore the messages?

Hi,

I have Outlook synced to my GoDaddy account, everything has been operating perfectly for years but yesterday something weird happened....

Suddenly mid-morning there seemed to be problems with Outlook syncing with the server - receiving emails became very erratic. Looking in my Sent folder, I could see emails from the beginning of the week but then there was a gap back to emails from 2015. Everything else in between had disappeared. I thought maybe there was a server maintenance issue and the glitch would be temporary but opening Outlook this morning, my sent folder is completely empty. EVERYTHING has gone.

Logging on to GoDaddy to check the email at source, same thing; the folder is empty and I'm told there are no messages to display. BUT it says at the top right of the screen that there are 22371 messages and I'm looking at page 1 of 560.

On my iPhone I can see the titles of ALL the sent emails but when I click on them, I get a message saying these haven't been downloaded from the server.

Also, if I send an email today, it doesn't save it anymore, the folder remains empty.

I have absolutely no idea what's going on or how to fix it. I've not changed any settings or altered anything in any way.

Please advise as this is a business account and I need access.

Cheers

Re: Webmail Sent folder contents have disappeared. Can I restore the messages?

We had this all day yesterday with our business email and when I went on the system status it said it was ok.  However, when I went on the live chat they told me it was a known issue yesterday but they had no idea when it would be fixed, it's happening again today, we are trying to run a business here and are not at all happy.  Will be moving all the business soon.

Workspace email not working

Iv been using workspace email for a few years without any issues but yesterday I notices that it was really slow and sluggish. Emails were failing to open and if i deleted an email it would return the next time I viewed the inbox. This is used for business purposes and I now have a large volume of emails that I am unable to view, delaying customers orders.

Is anybody else having issues with WS email or this is an issue with my box alone? Can anybody help me to get it working again. Thank you.

Re: Workspace Inbox Isses

Yes same problem yesterday and then again today, nightmare for our business!

New

Re: Webmail Sent folder contents have disappeared. Can I restore the messages?

This is day 2  with no email access,  don't you have backup servers for this sort of thing !!??

Re: Workspace email not working

I am having the same problem, I am logging in to the webspace and now it is saying loading message but no emails are loading

We had this all day yesterday, although system status said working when I went onto live chat they said it was a known issue, its not working again today and is causing us great problems at work.

Happening for me as well. Can login but can't delete or move emails out of inbox, email just keeps re-appearing in inbox. 

New

Re: Unable to open, send, receive emails

My inbox still empty even though there are several years worth of emails in there . Cant send or receive anything .  Go Daddy I think some compensation is due here !

Re: Unable to open, send, receive emails

We too had this issue yesterday, now we have the problem of being unable to delete read messages. Running out of storage, so once again, it looks like emails will be bouncing back. No "24/7" support available, no communication from GoDaddy. Very poor indeed.

Any news on this. Got over 20,000 mails in Inbox and not been able to access them for over 24 hours. Starting to cost the business money now in lost revenues so an update on the situation would be appreciated!

Hey Everyone, 

I just wanted to follow up to assure everyone this is still being looked into. I understand there has been progress made, but no further updates have come my way. I'll continue to follow up once some news does make it to me. 

In the meantime, accounts on Pod7 may still experience latency when logging in, using clients, moving or deleting emails, viewing emails, searching emails, or sending/receiving. If you're not on this Pod, I'd recommend reaching out to our live support team so they can further investigate. 

Solution

Great news!

I just got word from our networking and engineering teams confirming that the latency issues on Pod 7 should be resolved for all email addresses that were being affected. After repeated testing, all services should be back to normal on this server. Apologies once more for the trouble that was experienced while our teams were diligently working to correct this. 

If anyone is still experiencing an issue on your end, I urge reaching out to our live support team so they can take a closer look as another issue separate from this may have been occurring.