cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Workspace email Search

Hello All, 

I currently have 9 Workspace email accounts, 7 of them are paid accounts. GoDaddy Support actually set me up with Workspace email about 2 years ago after I transitioned several websites from the now-defunct Microsoft Office Live hosting. I don't get a lot of emails for the business (usually only about 3-4 per day) so Workspace works fine for me. However, a few weeks ago, the search function stopped working properly. I can search for recent emails, but anything more than a few months old cannot be found unless I go through the emails manually, one-by-one. Even using advanced search, the email search will come up empty, even though I know the email is there! Is there any way to modify email options to go back to go back to the old search parameters, or at least change the options to search every folder/email, regardless of when it was received?

6 REPLIES 6
Solution

Re: Workspace email Search

Hi @Christine17

We updated our workspace search options. Sorry, there is no way to change those options or go back to the previous version.

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Highlighted

Thank you for the information. 

Does this mean that search is permanently broken?  What do you mean by saying it cannot be restored?  I searched for e-mails that contain a string of digits a moment ago, for instance.  I have a mail right in front of me containing the string from October 13, and it's only October 28, and it doesn't find it.  This problem has been ongoing for a while.  It's a pretty glaring issue if it is still not resolved as any free mail service provides this, and I'm paying for yours.

It's intentional. 

I got a sales call from a GoDaddy Salesperson a few days after posting this, trying to convince me to "upgrade" to Microsoft 365 email, which I did. It cost hundreds of dollars to migrate 5 email boxes and she tried to get me to renew for three years which would have been over $1,000. I did migrate, because what else could I do? I need the search function to work, all our emails are customer contact emails. It's a dirty trick. 

And the salesperson assured me that there was a similar dashboard to the Workspace Control Center. That was a blatant lie. But now it's too late to fix, as I've already migrated. 

GoDaddy products are becoming more expensive, have less functionality, and are far more problematic. For instance, removing the 'advanced search' functionality and 'move' features of the old WorkSpace email in the new version (that we are forced to use) is frustrating, inefficient, and purposely intended to up-sell customers to other products. Also, we recently purchased multiple SSL certificates that have not worked properly for 4 months. They told us it was our fault and wanted us to pay for tech support. Truth: they set it up wrong and if it wasn't for one hardworking and honest rep there we would have left GoDaddy. 

Their recent type of less-than-ethical business tactics and poor service is a lack of character and integrity and what causes customers to leave and find other vendors to work with. We're only "one" small client that turns a couple thousand in revenue for them per year, but we represent the feelings on the masses. Just like Kmart, Sears, and other massive global retailers, GoDaddy will eventually be replaced if they continue to manipulate and take advantage of customers this way. It's a shame. They had fantastic rates and service just a couple years back. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ascend2glory. Very sorry to hear that you've had an unpleasant experience with our support team. Quality of support is something that we take great pride in and this definitely doesn't sound like the type of experience we want customers to have. We will have your feedback forwarded on to improve how things are done. We're always looking for ways to get better and we appreciate you sharing your feedback about our products and services. 

If there are any remaining technical issues that the community can try to help out with, I'd encourage you to post that subject as it's own thread. Someone may be able to provide suggestions on how you can move forward.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.