cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

cPanel Email doesnt seem to work properly

Hi guys,

im on deluxe linux hosting on cpanel, and i was hoping to see if there is any resolution for this. my website was built a long time ago back in 2015 and my web designer that time help us to link our email in cPanel (this was what i got from contact godaddy via live chat) 

my problem is that when my client sends me an email, i am not able to receive it timely. Eg. my client sends me an email at 11.30am and i don't see it in my inbox within 5mins or 10mins. Sometimes it takes a couple hours sometimes it takes a day before that email comes in and its annoying when i desperately need an email from my client or there is an enquiry

i was forced to tell my clients to cc to my gmail so i can receive the emails timely and i forward them back to myself. Now this doesn't happen to all emails i do receive some but often times when my clients send me email, this happens and its very frustrating. is there any work around for this? or am i the only one experiencing this issue? if anyone can help me with this it would be much appreciated. 

Contacting godaddy via livechat leads to recommendation of paid office 365 service. is this the only solution? 

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Re: cPanel Email doesnt seem to work properly

@Jabby 

It seems odd that email delivery would take that long

1) What is your domain just so we can look at your DNS records

2) I'm assuming when you say in your inbox that you are referring to the webmail and not a local email client

Can you confirm the two items above?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

"

It seems odd that email delivery would take that long

1) What is your domain just so we can look at your DNS records

2) I'm assuming when you say in your inbox that you are referring to the webmail and not a local email client

Can you confirm the two items above?

GoDaddy Pro User - Managing over 300 WP Sites"

1) pixcaso.com
2) i'm not a programmer so i don't really know the terms cause this was built by someone else long ago. im using a windows computer so im using the default mail application that is installed on windows. even on my phone i dont receive the email as well. 

as mentioned my client sends an email to me to both my email and my personal mail. personal mail receives it almost immediately but corp email does not have any notification. this does not happen to all my emails and its annoying because when i contact godaddy support. he tells me im on a shared godaddy hosting hence its normal to have these delays and im supposed to live with it or upgrade to the office 365 plans. im just wondering am i the only one suffering from this? or is there any work arounds?
Super User III
Super User III

@Jabby 

Thank you for the additional information - 

So if you goto http://mail.pixcaso.com/webmail and log in here - is the mail there right away or is their a delay in the mail showing up here as well.

I'm trying to see if the delay in the mail getting to the server (mail.pixcaso.com) or is the delay on your phone / computer in downloading from the server.

I've never heard of mail being delayed because of a shared server, but I also do not recommend hosting email on the same server as the website (for a number of reasons)

If you find that you need to move the mail from the cpanel server - I would suggest looking at Zoho Mail - they have an account for $1(USD) per month vs the $5+ for Office 365 which maybe overkill for what you need

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community